• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Bern nc to Beaufort nc

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have mentioned this in passing a few times but I thought I would make an official post here and see if anyone is interested in doing this run before end of the season. I am from eastern nc but I have never boated around new bern... in high school I boated a lot around morehead but that was so long ago I would not chance it on my own. I don't have a chart plotter .. yet... so we won't make the trip alone. Was just thinking of a day trip... put in somewhere in new bern go to Beaufort ... maybe eat at a resturant spend a little time there and then head back for the end if the end and trailer home...

P.s. this is the last post I'll make of it... if there is no interest I won't keep beating a dead horse....
Until next year!! ;)

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
i would be interested interested depending on the weekend, I'm sure it wouldn't be to hard to get @veedubtek interested as well. You thinking going around cedar island or coming down adams creek. I have boated beaufort to cape lookout and cedar Island to Ocracoke. but never in the Neuse River. Looks pretty straight forward.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
looks like its a roughly a 42 mile one way trip going down adams creek. i would guess 2 hours

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes I wad thinking Adams creek since it would be a one day trip... I'm thinking starting in the morning at some ramp somewhere in newbern.. cruise down the river through Adams creek and to the Beaufort water front... dock... have lunch at a resturant, walk the board walk for a bit , then when everyone is ready take the cruise back...

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
i need to check my work calendar. can't remember which weekend i'm on call. i'll post up tomorrow

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Definitely.

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would love to make this run as well. Lots of booked weekends this fall but I will stay tuned.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes I wad thinking Adams creek since it would be a one day trip... I'm thinking starting in the morning at some ramp somewhere in newbern.. cruise down the river through Adams creek and to the Beaufort water front... dock... have lunch at a resturant, walk the board walk for a bit , then when everyone is ready take the cruise back...
no sleep over ?

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I could do the weekend of 15 or 22 of October. @justason it will be a sleepover for us as it's 4 hours one way. I'm fine though if we make the run from New Bern to Beaufort and back and spend the night in New Bern. I have never spend any time there. Also if these dates don't work for the majority of you that's fine too. Pick a date that does and I'll just have to sit this one out.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
October 15th weekend we are avaliable sat and sunday... we just have to make sure to be reasonable cost... the Charleston run in the spring is our splurge runn... $320 dollars per night room!

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
October 15th weekend we are avaliable sat and sunday... we just have to make sure to be reasonable cost... the Charleston run in the spring is our splurge runn... $320 dollars per night room!

I'm sure we could probably find something fairly reasonable.. 100-150ish.. i would hope. it's the off season.. by mid Oct

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If its in october....that might work for us....I'll be back from India by then!!!
U will need some close by to keep that boat running g before such a long and grueling trip suck as new bern to Beaufort while u are in india.... wait.... I will sacrifice and run two or three tanks of gas through your boat while u r gone... all I ask if u leave a credit card with no limit on board... oh and the keys of course...