• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Boat Owner -210 FSH Deluxe

YamahaKub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Looking forward to owning my first real boat. Fished out of small aluminum boats and Kayaks for years. Plan on focusing on fishing in Midwest inland lakes. Maybe Great Lakes at some point. Outfitting with hummingbird SOLIX 12 on Console, Helix 7 on bow and ulterex Riptide 80lb with ILink. Hopefully those Musky and Walleye won’t have any place to hide.

Bought it just before we went on vacation in Bimini this week. Seeing all the post on trips to Bimini and doing some fishing down here really makes me to want the boat down south here with us. Will be fully outfitting for fishing larger inland lakes. Am sure I will be asking lots of questions of the experienced jetboat owners on this forum.

Wanted the Sport, but struggled with storage and not wanting to deal with taking the top down everyweekend. Might look into an aftermarket top that is foldable after I get familiar with the boat.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board, be sure to take a test ride in your boat before you accept it to make sure it's performing to your expectations,

YamahaKub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks! Anything specific I should look for? I will pay attention to maximum and match RPM. Will also look for the leeks folks have identified in the anchor box area. Any insight would be appreciated.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
leaks and matching rpm's isn't as big a deal, max rpm's are though, just make sure it feels right to you, it used to be once in a while we would get a new member whose boat would pull to the right, HARD, or that acceleration was slow or weak and after the fact the dealer would just say "it's a jet boat, that's how they are",

You've got a lot more leverage before taking possession if you feel like the boat isn't performing properly.

What dealer are you using?

YamahaKub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks for the inputs. Will be doing a test ride soon (before acceptance!). Need to get all the hard water off the lake first. Will post pictures and give a run down on dealer experience. Then on to more upgrades.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hard water...lol. Now I understand why you vacation in Bimini. Congrats and welcome to the fun!

YamahaKub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
4CBFAEF3-4185-4081-9990-7824C285F8B7.jpeg
Will be spending the weekend getting boat outfitted and functional.

Unfortunately they found a crack in the gel coat. Dealer was up front with it and will be picking it up this week to get it fixed. Other then that event, acquisition process was good. Oh, and still a week out on getting the cover.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you get the sidescan solix? If so you will probably need 2 transducers to see both sides due to the center keel and rudder. It sucks because they ain't cheap.

YamahaKub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Did you get the sidescan solix? If so you will probably need 2 transducers to see both sides due to the center keel and rudder. It sucks because they ain't cheap.
Yes I got the side scan. And yes can only see partial to one side. Have a high speed transducer on the other side that I might just buy another mega side scan so I can get both sides. Love the large screen and the great images. Still have a lot to learn yet on how everything operates.