• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New boat owner in new York

Melisa Vlasaty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are picking up our new boat soon. First time boat owners and we decided to go with a jet boat for many reasons. We went with a 21 foot 2018 ar210. Anybody have general advise, tips or tricks and also any of you groups in our area? Would love to join the community and meet and hang out with others in the area. Thanks in advance!

Melisa Vlasaty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks so much! We are volunteers at the Ronald McDonald House and local childrens hospitals as superman and wonder woman :)

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hope you have many years of enjoyment with the new boat and benefit from all the advise you will receive from the members on this site.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome. We have a 2017 ar210 and boat in the south jersey.
What color did you go with? Got any pictures.

-Replace the stock speakers as soon as you can. I went with JL MX650’s
-Replace your bow roller with a 4” stoltz.

And let’s start hoping for some warm weather!

Melisa Vlasaty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey jeff,

Thanks for the tips. Will look into those speakers and going to see if dealer can go ahead and order the bow roller. We haven't picked her up yet, we get her in a couple weeks. Went with the white and blue. Ordered the teak sea deck to be installed. How you liking your AR210? Did you have another boat before that one, was this one an upgrade? Yes let's bring on the warmer weather already! It can't come soon enough!
Thank u for the response :)

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
61F571AA-5267-4B68-BED5-ABBBD52C9A39.jpeg
It’s the 1st boat I’ve ever owned but I grew up on the bays my whole life

I love my AR210. Holds our family of 5 just fine. We often take my in laws too.
Plenty of power for pulling tubes and
Wakeboarders.

You can Order the bow roller right from amazon. 1000% worth it. I waited to order the new bow roller and if you look at the picture I attached you can see the damaged the old bow roller did to my boat in one season.

You’ll love the seadeck. Finishes off the inside real nice . I’ve us it’s easy to clean and non slip.

Melisa Vlasaty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you so much Jeff will definitely do that....Nice to hear that the boat is a good size and has enough power...And wow it's amazing the damage the old bow roller can do, I wonder why they even make them like that???

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi Melisa "again"! I know your question about the Stoltz bow roller was directed to @jeff_s but everything he says about getting rid of that OE roller ASAP is 100% correct. As you can see from my attached image I have the same roller. The stock roller is 4" also BUT the Stoltz will fit a little more snug in the fork of the upright. It is a direct fit but it may be necessary to wedge it in ?IMG_0519.jpg

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It comes in three pieces plus the bolt , washers , and nylon nuts. Just measure between the fork to confirm that is 4" ? Stoltz also makes a 3 " version of the same roller but pretty sure your trailer has a 4" fork width.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome. We have a 2017 ar210 and boat in the south jersey.
What color did you go with? Got any pictures.

-Replace the stock speakers as soon as you can. I went with JL MX650’s
-Replace your bow roller with a 4” stoltz.

And let’s start hoping for some warm weather!
Dont get this nice family addicted to speaker upgrades right away. Its a expensive never ending street boss. Congrats on the new ride

Melisa Vlasaty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dont get this nice family addicted to speaker upgrades right away. Its a expensive never ending street boss. Congrats on the new ride
Haha oh he didn't have to convince, my guy was already on that upgrade speaker kick before we even put the down Payment down on that thing!

sebastianriver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's beautiful!! Have a great time on the water now that your weather is getting better!! congrats on finally bringing it home :)