• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New boat owner

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally purchased my first boat, after reading this forum for the last year, got a 2012 212x.
Congratulations, and Welcome aboard.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Still time to get out on the lake. Send some pictures of the family playing in the water. Congratulations

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome, congrats and have a blast on the water!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Finally purchased my first boat, after reading this forum for the last year, got a 2012 212x.
Hey @Tlaux , Congrats!!! What part of the lake are you on?

Chuck McGinley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hello folks.

Big life changes here. Left Massachusetts after 54 years of dealing with the snow and moved to the Sunny State of Florida (Cape Coral Specifically) this past May. After settling in, then taking my Seadoo GTI 130s for some runs out to Sanibel and Captiva, and lurking in this forum for over 2 years, I finally decided the right time was now to pull the trigger on a new (leftover 2017) 242x E-Series. Think I got a good deal on it at $59,990.00 with just no dealer hours on it. (Was going to wait until next year but felt the deal was too good to pass on). Got it at Sunsports Cycles and Watercraft in Ft. Meyers. Wanted Blue but settled for the black since it was a ton off and last one they had. I love the Big screen Context system on the 2018s but not the colors and graphics. It was delivered this past Saturday and we took it for its inaugural drive around North Captiva and had a blast. Its back on the dock safe and sound waiting for its registration numbers from the dealer. Another short trip planned this weekend to get the requisite 10 hours on it and then back for service. I plan on towing it with a 2016 V6 Jeep Cherokee that is only rated for 4K pounds, but since I only need to go about 11 miles and all the roads are glass flat here except the bridge across the Caloosahatchee River, I think I will be OK bringing it back and forth for maintenance to the dealer. Bought the complete VIP maintenance plan from dealer. So will be listening and posting more regularly here and look forward to chatting with you folks! Some pics below including a new daily resident of our seawall named Henry.. :)

Thanks for listening and have a great day!!

IMG_7242.jpeg IMG_9458.jpeg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

Chuck McGinley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Whoops. Sorry above post was meant for the discussion group main thread group and not a reply. Sorry. Newbie mistake. :-(

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello folks.

Big life changes here. Left Massachusetts after 54 years of dealing with the snow and moved to the Sunny State of Florida (Cape Coral Specifically) this past May. After settling in, then taking my Seadoo GTI 130s for some runs out to Sanibel and Captiva, and lurking in this forum for over 2 years, I finally decided the right time was now to pull the trigger on a new (leftover 2017) 242x E-Series. Think I got a good deal on it at $59,990.00 with just no dealer hours on it. (Was going to wait until next year but felt the deal was too good to pass on). Got it at Sunsports Cycles and Watercraft in Ft. Meyers. Wanted Blue but settled for the black since it was a ton off and last one they had. I love the Big screen Context system on the 2018s but not the colors and graphics. It was delivered this past Saturday and we took it for its inaugural drive around North Captiva and had a blast. Its back on the dock safe and sound waiting for its registration numbers from the dealer. Another short trip planned this weekend to get the requisite 10 hours on it and then back for service. I plan on towing it with a 2016 V6 Jeep Cherokee that is only rated for 4K pounds, but since I only need to go about 11 miles and all the roads are glass flat here except the bridge across the Caloosahatchee River, I think I will be OK bringing it back and forth for maintenance to the dealer. Bought the complete VIP maintenance plan from dealer. So will be listening and posting more regularly here and look forward to chatting with you folks! Some pics below including a new daily resident of our seawall named Henry.. :)

Thanks for listening and have a great day!!

View attachment 66566 View attachment 66567

View attachment 66568

View attachment 66569
That’s awesome! And a great choice of the Yamaha model!
I’m envious on several levels, lol.

silverJ

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome aboard and congrats on the boat purchase!