• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New boat question...

McMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was there anything that you did to your boat before ever putting it in the water?

Say, sealing behind the rub rail? Sealing the carpet snaps? Anything need attention before the big splash or wish you would have done first?

Nope....Fill the gas tank and the Beer cooler and enjoy!!:winkingthumbsup"

x3. I think putting a jetboaters.net sticker on is a requirement though..

EZ locks on the plugs... the cheapest easiest insurance available.

Read the break-in instructions so you follow those for the first little while, I think it only takes 30mins or so.

But like everyone else said, gas, food/drinks, and maybe a couple 'patient' friends/family. That first time out takes some work getting use to the handling, docking, pushing buttons to see what they do, etc. That can be a slightly boring trip for some passengers...

I also made sure I installed EZ locks on the clean out plugs before it ever got wet. You'll be nervous the first few times out. I didn't want to add clean out plugs to the list of things to be worried about.

fill it, launch it, enjoy it..

Be patient with her, she handles very different from outdrive boats. Take your time and get comfortable handling her. There will be mods you will want to do in the future. We all go through that. Enjoy.

So there's nothing that you guys felt needed some attention from the factory? something that could have been put together with a little more sealant, better aligned, anything? Gas n go is good for me and I'm not looking for extra work. :)

I'll definitely be getting the EZ locks. Anything else?

I just repeated the Alan Shepard prayer...Dear Lord, please don't let me f--- up.

I can tell you what I do to my 1800 engines before they ever see the water. First I remove the sparkplugs , I place never seize on the threads so there is no issues removing them next year for a tune up . I also put silicon grease on the plug boots so they don't get stuck to the plugs . I spray white lithium grease on the engine and on all the hose clamps. I build special wing bolts for the plastic engine cover . I run in salt water so I add zinc to the pump and the ride plate to reduce corrosion.

Thanks, just wait until you see the new system I am making for those new boats with the keel and rudder.

I am not sure if the newer boats require it but consider noodling your table legs to keep them from sinking.

Back