• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Boater moving to Fort Myers 242 Limited

Tim Chies

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I'm moving full time to Fort Myers December 12th and have my 2018 242 at Sweet Water marine off 31 and Palm Beach on the caloosahatchee River. I've been in the area past 12 years on and off via Jetskis. I'm looking for a little navigation knowledge and help down/up river to Intercostal area and beyond - to save me any embarrassment. my email is twchies@gmail.com and phone 763-286-2798 . Living in the Verandah Community. Have boat will travel.

Thanks

Tim Chies

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you need a passenger that's equally dumb in local navigation hit me up, we're moving down Wednesday.

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Tim Chies welcome to the area. When you leave that marina and are heading towards the gulf you will have 3 different slow speeds you will have to watch for. The first one is near fort Myers downtown bridges, the second is after the Cape coral parkway bridge and the 3rd is from channel marker 92-99 (miserable mile) once past that you can take the intercoastal up through pine island sound (right) or head to the sanibel causeway (left) and head out to the Gulf. Download the Lee County Waterways App, it will help you learn the waterway. Any other questions let me know.

Tim Chies

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Thanks for the input - Stupid mistake last time out in October - I did not turn the battery switches off - Both batteries dead - took a while to fully charge - I was getting "call dealer error" messages - once the batteries were fully charged all good.

I'm changing oil Thursday and I need an oil extractor - recommendations and where to buy?

And I still suck docking this boat compared to my Seadoo Challenger - kinda backwards - getting better though - It does have the 2019 updates.

Feel free to call text or email - I'm out of the SweetWater Marina -

Thanks

Tim
twchies@gmail.com
763-286-2798

Attachments

112Vulcan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You may want to consider a marina that's a little closer to the Gulf if boating in the Gulf is what your looking for. It's a hell of ways out to the Gulf from Sweetwater to do often. Especially in the summer when the thunderstorms rev up. Sweetwater is a nice marina with all the new construction. Their service department is great too, not sure if they have qualified service tech's for jets though. Barney, the service manager is an awesome guy. He's worked on my boats for several years.

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I dry dock at Salty Sams and have had a good experience....much closer to gulf if that is a factor...

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the input - Stupid mistake last time out in October - I did not turn the battery switches off - Both batteries dead - took a while to fully charge - I was getting "call dealer error" messages - once the batteries were fully charged all good.

I'm changing oil Thursday and I need an oil extractor - recommendations and where to buy?

And I still suck docking this boat compared to my Seadoo Challenger - kinda backwards - getting better though - It does have the 2019 updates.

Feel free to call text or email - I'm out of the SweetWater Marina -

Thanks

Tim
twchies@gmail.com
763-286-2798
Welcome!!! I use a MightyVac extractor, you can get them on amazon or shop around a bit and you can find better deals online. I can't remember where I got mine from. Mine is pneumatic, but if you don't have an air source I think they make hand pump ones as well. They are a really good brand that most shops use so it'll last you a lifetime.

112Vulcan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Isn’t the road traffic a killer getting to salty’s in season

Tim Chies

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I've been going out of Sweetwater or a Ramp for years (Jet ski's). I kinda like the hour it takes to cruise down. road traffic can be a pain too. I docked at Punta Rassa and went to the Lani while my friends tried to drive - I waited an hour.

I like heading east on the caloosahatchee thru the locks -

Just getting settled in and waiting on the new house build to be done.

Thanks

Tim

Tim Chies

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Were heading out of Sweetwater Marina, Fort Myers on Sunday - Probably heading to Cayo Costa Area - Sanibel. 2018 242 S. White - light Blue Trim - Loose nut on the wheel..

Anyone out - give me a shout tim 763-286-2798