• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New boater needing help...

Tronics212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good Sunday to you all! I have a 2020 AR210 (5 hrs) I’m out on the water and we are anchored. I go to check the water temp and depth. To find the monitor will not come on, engine start just fine but I also have no rpm gauges. I do not have my volt meter but I have checked all visible fuses. Also check the fuse box on one of the motors. Can seem to find out what’s going on. There is a lot of shallow areas so I’m nervous about getting back. There are some black fuses behind the cockpit which I can’t see through labeled (res 3 & 4) I think they’re fine though. I can unplug the monitor and plug it back in and it beeps as if it’s there but I can see anything. Any ideas @HELP?

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

Tronics212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you. The entire screen is dead, shows no sign of life. Usually when I turn the key I hear a serious of clicks and Yamaha loading screen appears. I get nothing at all no audio or visual that it’s on. No dual batteries yet, but I work in low voltage and know my way around electronics. I have a dual battery setup in my truck. Thanks for responding, I thought this was a some what out on the water thread, my fault. I know I can get back but it’s a risk. The boat runs fine from what I can tell. Just no warnings should I get too hot or too shallow

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No, OP, you did it perfectly. Putting the 'at' help is what sends the note to everyone.

Have you turned the electrical/battery switch off for a few minutes and back on? I'm not a Conext expert (don't have it on my boat), but rebooting is always a good first step with a computer...

Tronics212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes sir I started with the battery disconnect for about 10 min and tried again, nothing. So I just disconnected the all connection from the battery for an additional 10 min and still nothing. It’s strange to me that I lost the gauges as well. Makes me think a fuse but all the fuses by the house battery are good. Well there’s only one of the three that would fit the criteria (main) the other two (radio / bilge)

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The gauges are connected to the screen and the ECU and everything by a bus system. You may have jarred loose a connector somewhere or the terminator on either end. But that is pretty rare (they are waterproofed connectors with locks on them that you need to squeeze to disconnect). But if you are disconnecting and reconnecting and it is beeping, a disconnected connector seems unlikely.

But if your Connext went out, it may be interfering with the bus, which may be why the gauges don't work.

And everything was working on the way out, I assume?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you have a cell phone with you, might try to download Navionics. They used to have a free version with basic maps that may show the shallow areas. Or drop the $20 or whatever on maps for the year. (I don't use it anymore--got a chartplotter) You may be able to use that to give you some idea of depths on the return. Then you can figure out the electrical problem in the comfort of your own dock.

Tronics212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That makes more sense in regards to the bus and no rpms. I did trace the wires and check all connections. Yea everything was great, I worry about depth where I’m at so I am constantly monitoring it. I was watching it when I anchored. I had it off for about an hour. I also wasn’t using the radio. I was using my Bluetooth speaker. Almost thinking I lost the whole monitor... that seems to be the resolution for similar post elsewhere. I appreciate the responses. With it beeping while replugging it I would think it’s not a fuse either....

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Found this:
A covered block with three fuses and 2 relays should be mounted to one of the bulkheads in the battery area. The one you are looking for is the first yellow fuse (20 Amp). There is also a separate fuse mounted to the bulkhead in the same area, but that is for the ballasts. There is a similar looking block located by the SPU, but that one only has resistors.

Tronics212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you, That was the first place I looked. Next to the battery disconnect I have 3 fuses but that’s it. One says main and it’s yellow 20A, I even went as far as taking the 15 amp out of the radio (2nd fuse) and replacing the 20 even though it looked perfect. The 3rd is for the bilge pump, it’s a 3A. I would think that I wouldn’t get a reconnection beep from the computer if it was a fuse.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can you give out your GPS coordinates?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I figured I could search on the computer probably better than you can on a phone on the water....

Ok, so with the easy answer out of the way.... I think I am back to a dead screen. Sorry... unless someone else around has other ideas?

Tronics212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you have a cell phone with you, might try to download Navionics. They used to have a free version with basic maps that may show the shallow areas. Or drop the $20 or whatever on maps for the year. (I don't use it anymore--got a chartplotter) You may be able to use that to give you some idea of depths on the return. Then you can figure out the electrical problem in the comfort of your own dock.
I’ll look into that. I’m at a lake where they sell the water so it’s down about 20% from when I was here 2 weeks ago. Crazy...

Tronics212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I figured I could search on the computer probably better than you can on a phone on the water....

Ok, so with the easy answer out of the way.... I think I am back to a dead screen. Sorry... unless someone else around has other ideas?
Wry true and without being able to monitor the batteries I don’t want to risk charging my phone. I do have a jump pack but I’d rather not run the battery out. Thanks for your help, I truly appreciate it. Think I’m going to try and just limp back

Tronics212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can you give out your GPS coordinates?
I’m in south Texas at Medina lake. Both engines run so I’m just going to get back to the trailer. Thanks for your assistance! Not looking forward to trailering it to the dealer though. It’s a couple hours from me. I’ll post. Resolution once i find out

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

If that is helpful at all... Rather big .pdfs, tho...

Tronics212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think the connext screens are sensitive to voltage. Could it be your battery volts are low due to running radio or inadvertently leaving something on which drained the battery below the threshold the connext screen likes? I would check voltage as soon as you can figure out a safe return.