• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Chapparal 242VRX steering pulling

Scottofutah

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello all, just got a new Chapparal 242 VRX.
My boat pulls to the right a littlle bit. If I allowed it to, it would make a huge right turn. I've tried moving weight around in the boat with no luck so I'm thinking the jet vector is off. I'm far enough from the dealer I would prefer to fix it myself. Has anyone else had this issue and how did you adjust the jet vector?thanks

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I have not had this issue. Hopefully someone else might know more. Best I can do is refresh this post.. Hope you can get this fixed yourself

#rotax

Bryan mazanec

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I was asked if mine pulled when it was in for repairs, appears to be common but I was not told how to fix it.

Sorry

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
@Scottofutah for maybe more eyes and answers.... if you are on FaceBook, join the Vortex Owners group and ask there... search Chaparral Vortex Boat Owners Group

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
on the twins, you can put a a level, or other flat surface across both jets to verify they are aligned. You can also adjust the steering cable, but with these boats it's common to have some pull one way or the other, and to have the wheel turned some to maintain a straight course. Yamaha has added a keel and rudder, maybe the BRP powered boats will follow their lead.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Last edited:

CynMarks203

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I love the boat but I'm tired of the slow speed responsiveness it needs a keel system. Hope there design or production soon its been two years and no system

112Vulcan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I love the boat but I'm tired of the slow speed responsiveness it needs a keel system. Hope there design or production soon its been two years and no system
Did you ever have the dealer look at it?