• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New family of 4 here. With a 212x

SlavO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
First, thanks for all the great information on this forum. Been looking for a boat for us for around 40+ days. Found 1 with 43 hours 3 hours from us.. i was there the next day with cash. Had her out for 2 hours Saturday had a blast. 50mph 7200rpms river was in perfect condition. Dealership said they did all the service every year on the boat winterizing it. Should me all 3 years they did the jobs. Saw they did the sparkplug.. just wondering if i should change the oil and oil filters or just wait to October end of our season in Southern Maryland.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
First, thanks for all the great information on this forum. Been looking for a boat for us for around 40+ days. Found 1 with 43 hours 3 hours from us.. i was there the next day with cash. Had her out for 2 hours Saturday had a blast. 50mph 7200rpms river was in perfect condition. Dealership said they did all the service every year on the boat winterizing it. Should me all 3 years they did the jobs. Saw they did the sparkplug.. just wondering if i should change the oil and oil filters or just wait to October end of our season in Southern Maryland.
Hi and :Welcome: to the forum!!! As you know there is a ton a great info in this forum with lots of good people to help keep you safe AND on the water. Since we all love pictures, please post when you can. A couple of your boat is good for starters. Change oil? Nah, I'd wait for the end of the season. There may be some other things you may want to do also. Let us know if you need help spending $$ on her. We've all done it. Check people's sigs for ideas. Have fun, stay safe and enjoy!

SlavO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Sadly i really don't have any good pics. image-f85150ca-f4bd-4066-9d87-b3186f5050eb.jpgimage-adfe8d81-f756-4d7c-b433-e1e445434ad4.jpg20200703_133212.jpg20200705_183233.jpg

Attachments

Looper7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats and welcome that's an amazing looking boat

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

SlavO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
8 hours on her so far, 3 times out. 2nd trip went out all by myself for 3 hours practices.. today had my family on for the first time. And i forgot to put the drain plug inn 🤦‍♂️ was on the water for like 25 minutes. I should've just jumped in and put itimage-f9e251cf-fd98-4a45-9a17-997f80b1eb69.jpg inn. Surprised after taking it out of the water really not much water came out..

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
8 hours on her so far, 3 times out. 2nd trip went out all by myself for 3 hours practices.. today had my family on for the first time. And i forgot to put the drain plug inn 🤦‍♂️ was on the water for like 25 minutes. I should've just jumped in and put itView attachment 125616 inn. Surprised after taking it out of the water really not much water came out..
We've all been there. Glad no damage occurred. School of hard knocks sucks but is sometimes the best teacher.

SlavO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Yea theses boats r pretty much bulletproof. Frist time out my buddy said you don't need the bilge pump on. Out 1 1/2" hrs.. not much water came out of the plug afterwards. I need to just slow down and relax an going over my check list. I do leave it on now in the water. Yea I'm definitely learning a lot .

SlavO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Yes Sir. Looks so much cleaner.. some year's i like the graphics. But the 16 has to come off on the blue & black. My opinion

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
8 hours on her so far, 3 times out. 2nd trip went out all by myself for 3 hours practices.. today had my family on for the first time. And i forgot to put the drain plug inn 🤦‍♂️ was on the water for like 25 minutes. I should've just jumped in and put itView attachment 125616 inn. Surprised after taking it out of the water really not much water came out..
Missed this thread from another Southern Marylander. Is this in St. Leonard creek?

SlavO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Battle Creek
Ahh yes, I get those two mixed up. We usually stop at Sheridan Point but there have been a lot of jellyfish lately so we ventured north on Sunday. I saw a blue late model Yamaha cruising down the river heading south on Sunday evening, couldn't tell if the tower was blue and if graphics were removed, was that you? I don't think I've seen you at the Prince Frederick public ramp.

SlavO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Ahh yes, I get those two mixed up. We usually stop at Sheridan Point but there have been a lot of jellyfish lately so we ventured north on Sunday. I saw a blue late model Yamaha cruising down the river heading south on Sunday evening, couldn't tell if the tower was blue and if graphics were removed, was that you? I don't think I've seen you at the Prince Frederick public ramp.
Wasn't out Sunday. And i luckily don't have to use that ramp. Yea the jellyfish r out bad now.

SlavO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Just did this today.. keel guard just arrived.. starting to prep for it now. Will do it tomorrow. 20200717_124256.jpg

Attachments

SlavO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
20200717_124307.jpg

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral