• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Freshwater Washdown under Helm

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I want to install a fresh water wash down on my 210 FSH and I have decided that the compartment under the helm would be ideal (we do not use a portable head on our boat) especially with weight distribution. Looking for ideas and or suggestions either Pro or Con. Thanks,

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in the process of building my own fresh water wash down with a 10 Gallon tank. I will post more when I'm done.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
47BE9A02-03A1-405B-B4D5-EC2059E7BC55.png This would be my suggestion.
I don’t know how to post a link. Here is a pic of the Amazon page.

HABANEROTE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm in the process of building my own fresh water wash down with a 10 Gallon tank. I will post more when I'm done.
Did you ended up doing this?

TommyB

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone used the Rinse Kit Portable Shower or the like? Curious if it has enough pressure and volume to successfully flush salt water. Thanks.

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone added freshwater system yet to boat that doesn't have it? I asked a dealer what it would cost me to add to a new AR and they said they would have to speak to service, they have never attempted this and would get back to me. It shouldn't be that big of a deal but I understand that these boats aren't really customizable and dealers aren't used to adding. Would like to add to mine eventually for washing sandy feet, chairs, toys etc.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone added freshwater system yet to boat that doesn't have it? I asked a dealer what it would cost me to add to a new AR and they said they would have to speak to service, they have never attempted this and would get back to me. It shouldn't be that big of a deal but I understand that these boats aren't really customizable and dealers aren't used to adding. Would like to add to mine eventually for washing sandy feet, chairs, toys etc.
Which AR?

I see that some of the 25’ boats have a fresh water shower, since the hulls are basically the same I’d imagine adding a freshwater shower / wash down would be relatively easy. Look at your storage areas and measure them, then check out West Marine for water tanks that will fit and you’ll be on your way, perhaps even a bladder could be used. Then it’s just a matter of mounting a water pump and plumbing it to your fresh water shower head and the tank. Youll want to install a fresh water inlet to fill that tank and a vent, the vent will be your full indicator when you fill it.

Yeah it will be a little bit of work but it should be a totally doable project. These boats are very customizable!

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There are some write ups on the site, however from what I recall there was no “kit”. You have to determine where you want to mount the tank and then let that determine your tank size and go from there.

I went with a big kahuna shower, and after 1 season decided to convert it to more of a permanent install, routing the wand to a concealed holder on the swim platform.

The 4.7Gallon size fits nicely in the starboard aft storage compartment, and I left enough slack in all the lines to allow it to slide forward for when it’s time to fill it, removing the need to run a fill line.

Here’s the transom shower head I purchased

IMG_1121.jpeg
IMG_1122.jpeg

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did a write up about adding it to my AR240 many years ago. just do a search.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did one too on my ar240. It’s pretty easy. And mine has better water pressure than my house does. The only thing I haven’t done is move the switch to the dash. But i don’t use it enough that it’s not a priority.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
In that link above in post #12 I showed my set up as well I use it every time the best part is that I use hot water. Also use it to wash the dogs after a day in the salt water. Adds 5 minutes to the prep time before leaving the drive way.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
In that link above in post #12 I showed my set up as well I use it every time the best part is that I use hot water. Also use it to wash the dogs after a day in the salt water. Adds 5 minutes to the prep time before leaving the drive way.
I like the hot water….Since Im in fresh water and I have a raw water wash down, I looked at trying to figure out a way to capture / divert the cooling water outlet from an engine to fill an onboard tank, or put in a small electric water heater, or let the hot cooling water be the heat source for a hot water tank, but there just isn’t enough room anywhere to put the tank.

When I think I’m going to want a warm shower in the evening because the lake water is still cold I use my solar shower, I’ve had this thing for almost 20 years, it gets the job done. I suppose I could put in a three way diverter valve and add the hot cooling water to a partially filled solar shower to get warm/hot water “on demand“

66023EAA-62A2-464F-B103-A18B9C96F80D.jpeg

DE121DE5-DC61-431C-AA67-6A6BE04706CC.jpeg

Or one of these…

I like this one, as long as one could use a 1 pound cylinder for the gas supply, and I have my own water supply. The first two have their own water pumps.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I like the hot water….Since Im in fresh water and I have a raw water wash down, I looked at trying to figure out a way to capture / divert the cooling water outlet from an engine to fill an onboard tank, or put in a small electric water heater, or let the hot cooling water be the heat source for a hot water tank, but there just isn’t enough room anywhere to put the tank.

When I think I’m going to want a warm shower in the evening because the lake water is still cold I use my solar shower, I’ve had this thing for almost 20 years, it gets the job done. I suppose I could put in a three way diverter valve and add the hot cooling water to a partially filled solar shower to get warm/hot water “on demand“

View attachment 199118

View attachment 199119

Or one of these…

I like this one, as long as one could use a 1 pound cylinder for the gas supply, and I have my own water supply. The first two have their own water pumps.

Re Route one of your pissers to fill your tank with either a diverter valve or have overflow for the tank run back to the pisser outlet so you dont have to even think about it. Its will always be full of warm water from the engine.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Re Route one of your pissers to fill your tank with either a diverter valve or have overflow for the tank run back to the pisser outlet so you dont have to even think about it. Its will always be full of warm water from the engine.
Brilliant! I didn’t even consider that water!

I would probably just use it to fill the solar shower bag.…. I did quite a bit of searching to find a tank that would fit in the boat somewhere, thought the aft bilge would be a good spot, just not enough room for a decent size tank. I may have to revisit this idea and possibly just fab up my own tank and use a diverter valve on the suction side of the raw water wash down pump 🤔. Having that “hot” water during the shoulder seasons would be great instead of the 42° lake water. And, the pisser water isn’t too hot like the cooling water outlet water would be.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Brilliant! I didn’t even consider that water!

I would probably just use it to fill the solar shower bag.…. I did quite a bit of searching to find a tank that would fit in the boat somewhere, thought the aft bilge would be a good spot, just not enough room for a decent size tank. I may have to revisit this idea and possibly just fab up my own tank and use a diverter valve on the suction side of the raw water wash down pump 🤔. Having that “hot” water during the shoulder seasons would be great instead of the 42° lake water. And, the pisser water isn’t too hot like the cooling water outlet water would be.
I was thinking about places I could stash a colapsable water bladder to for mine to free up my livewell. I was thinking possibly behind the fiish box up front but not sure I could get enough gallons to make it worth the while or Rear bildge would be good too. Im wanting about 20 gallons.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was thinking about places I could stash a colapsable water bladder to for mine to free up my livewell. I was thinking possibly behind the fiish box up front but not sure I could get enough gallons to make it worth the while or Rear bildge would be good too. Im wanting about 20 gallons.
I think either the rear bilge, or in between the engines. The bladder is probably the best way to go to be able to use the available space. I’m partial to the aft bilge to put some weight back there to get the deck slanted that way to make water on the deck flow to the aft part of the deck which would make washing the deck at sea better.