• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New here! 210 Questions

BRosen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Put a deposit down on the new 21 foot boats that are supposed to be being released August 12, says the dealer. I think we decided on the 21 foot boat over the 19 foot, but now just wondering if the TR-1 engines leave the 21 foot boat under powered? Leaning toward the AR 210 versus the SX to 10, but probably won’t be doing a ton of heavy skiing or wakeboarding.

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
All depends on what you will use it for. There are some people on here who like the 210's and others who go with 212 specifically for the bigger engines. I personally would always rather the bigger engines but for cruising and the occasional tube pulling the 210 would probably be fine. All depends on what you want out of it

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I don't feel it is underpowered at all.

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2020 AR210...haven’t done much pulling besides tubing with 3 people, 300+ lbs, couple more on board, and extra gear and still have PLENTY of power. At wide open throttle, consistently hit low to mid 40s on speed. Lots of pros to a wake tower, even if you don’t use it to pull.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
210's seem great! There's guys here's loading them with ballast and surfing them. Plenty of torque I hear.

BRosen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That’s what I thought as far as the tower. Versatile. Better to get it now vs add later. I think will be mostly cruising with a couple of adult kids, or other couples, definitely will be tubing some. But also would like the ability to maybe try skiing and wake boarding, but probably not a ton of that.

BRosen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A big part of the master plan, if we could pull it off, is to use the boat probably April to November here on lakes in Kentucky, but then take it down to Florida with the in-laws for the winter. Maybe if we can get there once a month to use it in calm ocean waters, that would be great.

beb0102

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
What are some of the pros of the tower outside of water sports?

thank you

beb0102

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thank you all for sharing. Very helpful and much appreciated!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2019 AR210 and I got it for exactly what it sounds like you want to do. The reason I went with the TR1 engine was that I didn't want to have to run premium (unless you want to) for cost savings, and the TR1 is supposedly slightly better for fuel consumption. As for power concerns, I have zero concerns - tubing, skiing or Wake boarding have all been done by others with no complaints about lack of power.

The final selling point for me is that it came with J-seating (the wife wanted it), but it can be converted to a captain's chair if you so desire, AND are handy with tools (or pay your dealer to do it).

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2019 AR210 and I got it for exactly what it sounds like you want to do. The reason I went with the TR1 engine was that I didn't want to have to run premium (unless you want to) for cost savings, and the TR1 is supposedly slightly better for fuel consumption. As for power concerns, I have zero concerns - tubing, skiing or Wake boarding have all been done by others with no complaints about lack of power.

The final selling point for me is that it came with J-seating (the wife wanted it), but it can be converted to a captain's chair if you so desire, AND are handy with tools (or pay your dealer to do it).
1.8s take regular 87 unleaded unless they are supercharged. AR240 owner here, says it in the owners manual.

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
1.8s take regular 87 unleaded unless they are supercharged. AR240 owner here, says it in the owners manual.
Was about to say the same thing. Only the supercharged take premium. Heavier boat probably burns a little more, but mostly a negligible difference.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Boy I'm getting some mileage from that post :D :D
Well you sure sold the Grandma thing when you posted that baby in the swing. Are you a professional salesman?:)

dcmoore21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A big part of the master plan, if we could pull it off, is to use the boat probably April to November here on lakes in Kentucky, but then take it down to Florida with the in-laws for the winter. Maybe if we can get there once a month to use it in calm ocean waters, that would be great.
Where in Kentucky? We’re mostly on Barkley. I have a 2015 SX210. Love the Bimini as it covers more boat (I think) in the blazing sun than the wake tower does. Also plenty of warnings about tubing from a wake tower so if that is the main purpose you wouldn’t use it anyway. Having said that, I personally haven’t seen the top speeds reported elsewhere. My boat tops out around 38-39 mph. Granted I haven’t tried on a perfect day with one person and perfectly calm waters. Regardless, I never find myself needing that speed with kids on board. So again, all what you want out of it.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The AR210 is great for what you want to do with it. We pull skiers, 3 person tubes, wake boards, Zup Boards with 6-9 people on board and don't have any issues and never need to take it to full throttle. No cavitation, pulls everyone right up. Plenty of room. We may upgrade to a bigger boat next year possibly the 25' since we do a lot more Great Lakes than we thought we would and the need to carry 9+ people which is our two families. For the Price you can't go wrong. The 25' is going to be pricey probably closer to $65-70k.

The AR210 has a lot of low end torque and is decent on gas. We prefer the "J" seating when we are loaded up makes the room work more efficient. All in all it is a fantastic boat for watersports and the family we have no regrets. Also we can hit 44mph with two on board and with 6 we hit 40mph. with 9 36-38mph. All dependent on water conditions.

BRosen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Where in Kentucky? We’re mostly on Barkley. I have a 2015 SX210. Love the Bimini as it covers more boat (I think) in the blazing sun than the wake tower does. Also plenty of warnings about tubing from a wake tower so if that is the main purpose you wouldn’t use it anyway. Having said that, I personally haven’t seen the top speeds reported elsewhere. My boat tops out around 38-39 mph. Granted I haven’t tried on a perfect day with one person and perfectly calm waters. Regardless, I never find myself needing that speed with kids on board. So again, all what you want out of it.
We're in Lexington, so no water right here. But probably cave run in Morehead and Laurel in Corbin. Lake Cumberland. Maybe some in the river too

beb0102

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thank you for the help. I’m definitely going with a 2021 AR210 as soon as possible. My first two children were born in Louisville- we love Kentucky but now reside in Tampa.