• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New jet boat owner in Raleigh, NC

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey all,

Just picked up our 2012 SX190 yesterday, went directly to the lake to play on it for a while, it is awesome! It's our first boat--my wife has some experience with boating and I have zero, so I'm happy to have found this site.

I'll be reading through as much as I can and will probably have several questions, but one quick basic one to start: if I get stuck out in the water, is there an equivalent of AAA I can call?

Thanks!

Mike F.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome. I too am relatively new having picked up my 2015 SX190 about a month ago. It is my first boat as well.

I keep it in a marina on Oneida Lake in upstate New York.

Mike

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome, glad to have you here!

For towing/help on the water check out Boat US http://boatus.com/

Being Canadian I don’t know much about them so maybe double check if they are available in your area.

CraigLombardi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm in WF and also am new to jet boats. Boatus.com is your best bet. I'll be out on Falls Lake this weekend. Which lake do you boat on?

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We'll be on Jordan and will at some point try out Harris. We're in the Apex side of town.

Any of you local folks take your jet boat to the coast?

jgpncll

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome,

Also in the Raleigh area and am new to jet boats, having just bought ours about 3 weeks ago. We go to Jordan and Fall lake and will probably be at Jordan on Saturday and Falls on Monday.

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
We'll be on Jordan and will at some point try out Harris. We're in the Apex side of town.

I live out in Jacksonville and normally take my boat out in the New River inlet, Neuse river, and the intracoastal—lots of shallow water with the tides which makes these Yamaha’s ideal boats. You can check out the User Map to see who else is around the ENC coast.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Quite sure we saw you out there on thursday! Was on Jordan from 10:30 til about 3pm. Welcome aboard from another Apex Memeber.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hey all,

Just picked up our 2012 SX190 yesterday, went directly to the lake to play on it for a while, it is awesome! It's our first boat--my wife has some experience with boating and I have zero, so I'm happy to have found this site.

I'll be reading through as much as I can and will probably have several questions, but one quick basic one to start: if I get stuck out in the water, is there an equivalent of AAA I can call?
Make sure to keep a paddle or two on board for cases where you are close enough to shore or the launch point. Also good samaritans are more likely to notice and stop by if they see you trying to paddle your sport boat. Make sure to keep some basic tools on board such as a knife and long-handled, angled pliers to help cut/pull out rope or seaweed or whatever may have stopped your impeller.

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Quite sure we saw you out there on thursday! Was on Jordan from 10:30 til about 3pm. Welcome aboard from another Apex Memeber.
Yep, that was probably us! We were out there getting a feel for the boat. We'll head back out this Saturday with the gremlins, will try the New Hope ramp which I heard may be less crazy--I'm still learning to back the trailer in so I'm really hoping not to be the guy holding up everyone's fun.

Make sure to keep a paddle or two on board for cases where you are close enough to shore or the launch point. Also good samaritans are more likely to notice and stop by if they see you trying to paddle your sport boat. Make sure to keep some basic tools on board such as a knife and long-handled, angled pliers to help cut/pull out rope or seaweed or whatever may have stopped your impeller.
Great advice, I always carry a leatherman but hadn't thought of long pliers.

WILL IHNE

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Welcome, I am very new to the jet boating world. Definitely have some tools on board. This was two weeks ago sometimes stuff happens no matter what.

Attachments

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length

We were at Wrightsville yesterday. We either hang at Mason's Inlet or Masonboro Inlet/Island. Love it down that way on weekdays. I stay away on weekends as it is a madhouse. We also boat in Charleston SC. Your 190 will be just fine on the ICW .IMG_3545.JPG

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome to the club. I boat on Jordan mainly.... keep it at Crosswinds, except right now! Stay safe everyone!!!

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great to see so many other folks boating at Jordan, hope everyone has come out ok after the storm!

@Shookie , How do you like the QX80 other than for towing? I've been looking at it but the gas mileage really has me hesitating

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Shookie , How do you like the QX80 other than for towing? I've been looking at it but the gas mileage really has me hesitating
Love it, you just can't think about how often you have to put gas in it! Hauls 8 people which comes in handy when you have 4 couples looking to go out somewhere. Really wanted to love the Caddy since we had a hookup at a dealer to get it cheap, but just liked the Infiniti more.

As for towing, it pulls my 242 easily.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length