• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New Jet Boat Owner

GA Wazzy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I finally took the leap into owning a Jetboat with a 2015 AR210 from a dealer who got it in on trade-in as the previous owner traded up to a larger Mastercraft (I was able to speak to the previous owner). In any case, I'm wondering if it's a worthwhile investment to get the UV / ECO Sport protection for the boat that they are trying to promote as an add-on? Also, is it worthwhile to spend an extra $4K on the North Star Marine warranty that they are pushing as an option as well for 36-month coverage? I know when buying cars, people say don't bother with any of the aftermarket CLEAR COATS or warranty stuff, but for a jetboat, what has been the group's general consensus? Thanks for the very useful info that this forum posts. It lead me to switch from a prop to jetboat so I'm looking forward to many years of happy jetboating.

I wouldn't do the UV/ECO Protection.

How many hours does the boat have on the engines?

140 hours on the engine. I had an independent marine surveyor take a look at the boat and he said the boat was in very good condition all the way around. The dealer changed the Impellers and Plugs.

So, how do you protect the seats and boat hull from sun damage/fading and mold, besides normal wiping down after use?

X2 on no add's on as you can do most of it yourself and get a good cover if stored outside

Just get boat at best price.

I would ask to check compression of each cylinder. Water test if possible to confirm new impellers and heck oil before and after.

Those motors are tried and true for many years. Just stay on top of maintenance.

Also, never forget to install clean out ports.... Makes for a terrible day out.

Keep us posted

140 hours on the engine. I had an independent marine surveyor take a look at the boat and he said the boat was in very good condition all the way around. The dealer changed the Impellers and Plugs.

So, how do you protect the seats and boat hull from sun damage/fading and mold, besides normal wiping down after use?

You use conditioner and protectant.

I use both 303 as well Vinyl Sauce and Vinyl Conditioner Sauce by Boat Bling. Read through the boards here, everyone uses something including these and other products. A lot of great information.

Amazon.com: 303 Marine UV Protectant Spray for Vinyl, Plastic, Rubber, Fiberglass, Leather And More – Dust and Dirt Repellant - Non-Toxic, Matte Finish, 32 fl. oz. (30306): Automotive

Amazon.com: Boat Bling VS-0032 Vinyl Sauce Premium Vinyl and Leather Cleaner, 32 Oz, for Boats, RVs, Powersport Vehicles and More: Automotive

Amazon.com: Boat Bling Condition Sauce Premium Interior Moisturizer w/UV Protection, 20 oz.: Sports & Outdoors

Thanks all. I will skip the UV dealer protection and do it myself as suggested with readily available products from Amazon, etc. I do have great cover and store in a garage too when not in use as I trailer it between uses. Clean out ports can be left in between uses after cleaned right, so as to not forget to install them getting into the water? Thanks again. I will skip the extra Warranty package as well for $4K and just make sure I spend the time to keep serviced properly. I did verify the new impellers and plugs. Will make sure to check heck oil before and after.

One other question. I'm being given a choice of wakeboard racks from the dealer as a "Freebie". Am I better to get the Removable Deluxe Swivable Wakeboard Rack for Starboard or Port side? They also have a NON Swivel standard wakeboard rack they will provide, but I"m not sure which is best?

Thanks all. I will skip the UV dealer protection and do it myself as suggested with readily available products from Amazon, etc. I do have great cover and store in a garage too when not in use as I trailer it between uses. Clean out ports can be left in between uses after cleaned right, so as to not forget to install them getting into the water? Thanks again. I will skip the extra Warranty package as well for $4K and just make sure I spend the time to keep serviced properly. I did verify the new impellers and plugs. Will make sure to check heck oil before and after.

It is not best practice to keep the plugs installed between uses. They can swell and become stuck after a while. Most (though not all) will lay them sideways on top of the ports after rinsing and lubing. If you are worried about forgetting them, just put a tag, rope, or something else like that on the steering wheel between uses that reminds you to install them.

I can't recall if your year has the twist plugs or the push down style, but if you have the push down ones get a set of the Cobrajetsteering EZ Locks. Well worth it to help avoid a blowout.

One other question. I'm being given a choice of wakeboard racks from the dealer as a "Freebie". Am I better to get the Removable Deluxe Swivable Wakeboard Rack for Starboard or Port side? They also have a NON Swivel standard wakeboard rack they will provide, but I"m not sure which is best?

Swivel racks are most important if you plan on putting this boat on a lift, or in a single stall garage. The tower is wide enough, that it could be an issue if fixed. If you don't plan on doing that, you can get away with fixed. The swivel is convenient though.

Good luck!

It is not best practice to keep the plugs installed between uses. They can swell and become stuck after a while. Most (though not all) will lay them sideways on top of the ports after rinsing and lubing. If you are worried about forgetting them, just put a tag, rope, or something else like that on the steering wheel between uses that reminds you to install them.

I can't recall if your year has the twist plugs or the push down style, but if you have the push down ones get a set of the Cobrajetsteering EZ Locks. Well worth it to help avoid a blowout.

Thanks. I have a 2015 AR210, so I will have to look if it's a twist plug or push down style. Thanks for the tip on the plugs. What kind of lube do you use on them?

Swivel racks are most important if you plan on putting this boat on a lift, or in a single stall garage. The tower is wide enough, that it could be an issue if fixed. If you don't plan on doing that, you can get away with fixed. The swivel is convenient though.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip. I will go with the swivel rack as I can see the long-term convenience for sure.

Back