• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Member and New 212X Owner

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well, actually my Wife and I will be new 212X owners come this Saturday. We've been looking at a whole host of new and used boats over the past many weeks, and recently my Wife fell in love with the 212X. So we've been looking around at some lightly used (2012-2015) ones. Then we took some advice from this forum and decided, particularly given the model year-end prices on new 2018's from some dealerships, to buy our second boat the first time around. We live near Lake Berryessa in Northern California, and it will spend considerable time in Lake Tahoe as well. Lots of reasons to love jetboats, not the least of which is very, very young grandchildren and the associated safety of a prop-less boat.

And one is never too old to get into water/wake sports, right? (But I swear, the grandkids aren't simply an excuse to buy this boat.)

Anyway, I've already found a wealth of useful information on this forum and I look forward to learning and contributing where I can.

Jeff

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome @JDRacing
I don't recommend wakeboarding but for sure look into surfing.

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! Congrats on the new boat!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
And one is never too old to get into water/wake sports, right? (But I swear, the grandkids aren't simply an excuse to buy this boat.)

Jeff
@Julian can tell you all about it LOL

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the warm welcome, all. Gotten some great advice already on my first set of questions in another post that sent me on an eight hour binge-reading journey thoughout this forum over the last 2 days. Quite an education.

Thanks to all who take the time to post their experiences so those of us with none can have a solid starting point.

Jeff

Last edited:

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congrats on your new boat, welcome to0 the party!