• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Member and New Owner in Decatur AL

Win MIller

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
New to the forum and as of yesterday a new owner of a almost new Yamaha 242X boat. It's a Yamaha Factory Demo boat that had 36hrs on it. We got it through Park Marine in Kennesaw, GA during the Atlanta Boat show last week and were able to close on it yesterday. Added a picture of us about to drive away from Park Marine with the boat and a couple of pics on the drive home when we stopped to check on it. Whole family (wife and 2 girls 19yrs & 4 yrs old) cant wait to get out on the river with it. This is my first post and wanted to say Thanks for a great forum I've learned a lot from the members in just the couple of weeks of being on here.

Attachments

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congratulations! Looks great!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard and Congrats!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats still plenty of time to get in on the Bimini trip this year!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @Win MIller and congrats on the new boat. Glad that you found us and decided to join.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
New to the forum and as of yesterday a new owner of a almost new Yamaha 242X boat. It's a Yamaha Factory Demo boat that had 36hrs on it. We got it through Park Marine in Kennesaw, GA during the Atlanta Boat show last week and were able to close on it yesterday. Added a picture of us about to drive away from Park Marine with the boat and a couple of pics on the drive home when we stopped to check on it. Whole family (wife and 2 girls 19yrs & 4 yrs old) cant wait to get out on the river with it. This is my first post and wanted to say Thanks for a great forum I've learned a lot from the members in just the couple of weeks of being on here.
Welcome aboard. Nice looking rig. There is no better site for jet boats than this one. You'll find all kinds of great information and all kinds of great ideas to spend money on.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very smart purchase - congrats!
Not to mention, but sounds like you were already rehearsing for the Bimini trip, right? (LOL, half way there to Ft. Lauderdale)

--

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@Win MIller - get on the Alabama Jet Boaters Facebook page if you haven't found us already.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @Win MIller! We've got a pretty good group in Bama. We usually try to get together a few times a year. Like @blackhawkpilot mentioned, we communicate a lot through the Facebook page too.

Win MIller

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks All! @blackhawkpilot I'll have to check out that facebook page. Also, I saw your from Enterprise AL, my wife and I grew up in Enterprise and had to move to Decatur due to the last BRAC when our jobs moved up here. @Bill D looked forward meeting you folks on the water sometime!

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome and congrats on the new boat!

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thanks All! @blackhawkpilot I'll have to check out that facebook page. Also, I saw your from Enterprise AL, my wife and I grew up in Enterprise and had to move to Decatur due to the last BRAC when our jobs moved up here. @Bill D looked forward meeting you folks on the water sometime!
Yeah, I just retired from the Army last year and am now flying a desk as a GS at Mother Rucker. About to go be a contractor here for flight school. I need to get back in the cockpit.

Win MIller

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats on your retirement! Also great looking boat! I understand about flying a desk, I still get to fly Lakota's every once in awhile but spend most of my time pushing paper.

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Congrats on your retirement! Also great looking boat! I understand about flying a desk, I still get to fly Lakota's every once in awhile but spend most of my time pushing paper.
I just sent you a PM (or whatever it's called here - conversation).

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am a little late to the party but welcome! I was born and raised in Decatur. Haven't lived there in almost 20 yrs and man do I miss Big Bobs BBQ! Hope to see you in Bimini.

Win MIller

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Rob9550 Thanks! Decatur, AL is a beautiful town! We moved here in 2009 and have loved it. We are only 10 minutes from putting the boat in the Tennessee river which is really nice!

Big Bobs is great BBQ! Although coming from the southern part of the state where only Red sauce is issued to you and they have never heard of putting white sauce or Vinegar based sauce on your BBQ. It was quite the change the first time I went to Big Bobs and got the pulled pork sandwich! Didn't realize I had to ask for the Red sauce because its not even on the table! :)