• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Member and New (to me) SX240 - Houston

misnMT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi All,
Last weekend I picked up a very good deal on a 2010 SX 240 with a aftermarket tower. 300 hrs on each motor.
The daughter and I took a road trip to Dallas.
The wife and I grew up boating, but this is my first boat. I was very intrigued by Yamaha's reported reliability and low maintenance. Kids are 14, 12, and 10. Wife, father-in-law (who is a big boater), and I will be taking it out on Sunday to the San Bernard River to get familiar with it then Monday to the Colorado with the fam on Monday.
This message board has been a great help.
Thanks! Brian
P_20190824_192017_vHDR_On.jpg P_20190824_190922_vHDR_On.jpg

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Merlion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Great buy Brian! You’ll love every minute of this boat and the new experiences that you’ll have with the family.

Looper7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations that's a beautiful boat you and your family will love it

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice buy! Congrats. Where do you plan to boat long term?

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Gratz!!! Where in the Colorado are ya headed?

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Hi All,
Last weekend I picked up a very good deal on a 2010 SX 240 with a aftermarket tower. 300 hrs on each motor.
The daughter and I took a road trip to Dallas.
The wife and I grew up boating, but this is my first boat. I was very intrigued by Yamaha's reported reliability and low maintenance. Kids are 14, 12, and 10. Wife, father-in-law (who is a big boater), and I will be taking it out on Sunday to the San Bernard River to get familiar with it then Monday to the Colorado with the fam on Monday.
This message board has been a great help.
Thanks! Brian
View attachment 104140 View attachment 104141
Never seen a red cover like that before. Super cool. Congrats and make sure you check those oil cooler bolts.

misnMT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@BB We rented a house a month ago (and 2 jet skis) on the San Bernard near Brazoria and loved it. River is about 250-350 ft wide and everyone that we came across was very friendly and nobody was being a hotshot/dangerous/drunk/dick (HDDD). Very family friendly. We are starting a soft search for a house on that river.
We had my FiL go out with the wife and I Sunday to get comfortable with it. Our plan was to go tubing on the Colorado (just south of Bay City TX @Racket), but on Sunday we found out one of my son's best friend has a house on the San Bernard so we went back there on Monday and took his family out too. 8 on the boat and there was still plenty of room and power.
Monday I had the wife try to drive onto the trailer while I calmly gave her instructions. She said it was so nerve racking that she thought she was going to puke. I guess I'll be teaching her how to back in the trailer, ha.
@Joshua Miller , yes the red cover is aftermarket and pretty stout. Ya, that was one thing yet I have to do as I heard 10-11 models had that bolt problem.
We had a blast with the tubes and just being on the river.
I'm going to start another thread with my first thoughts on the boat on water.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Crlos16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score