• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Member - AR250 - Ohio

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New Member Here! Hello members. Lifelong boater - grew up on the shores of Lake Erie. Learned to drive a boat before a car - Power Squadron Certified. Had many jet skis and small boats over the years. Sold an older 1986 190' Sunrunner 2 years ago and had a small Seadoo Challenger for the kids this past season. Needed to get back in with something bigger now that the kids are older and ready for more adventures.

Have a place in Lakeside Marblehead with private breakwall/cove - so free dockage/storage - just needed the boat. Official deposit down on a 2021 AR250 Black/Green Combo. Teetered between the 2 color options - but after many polls around family and work - it became clear that the consensus was Black was the sharpest looking option available. Boat Bling Hot Sauce will be on the Christmas List - I keep my stuff meticulously clean. Looking like March delivery which is perfectly fine - as it gives me time to organize my upgrades and mods out of the gate and be ready to go come spring! So looking forward to taking delivery.

Questions - 2021 Trailer's - still have the bad roller? Stotlz Roller is on my list as a first thing to install at the dealership. 5 pin harness?
Audio System - how hard is it to mount/install 2 marine tower speakers into the existing audio package?

With 2021's and specifically the 250s now out for a bit - anyone seeing anything out of the gate to keep an eye out for that is new for Yamaha's? vs. say the 240 lineup?

I have a great dealer relationship so anything I can advise/tell them to double check before I take delivery that would be fantastic. The owners many times see more things than the dealers! Anyways, thanks for any advice out the gate!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board and can't wait to see your new boat and hear your opinion of it,

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The tower will likely not be pre-wired for speakers, but usually pre drilled. So you have to just pull the wires through it. There are a few discussion on here about doing this. I did it on my 242X to pull my marine radio antenna wire through...but it is MUCH thicker and was easy to self feed. You will want to add an AMP to drive the tower speakers, and may want to look into how Yamaha has the stock speakers amped because sometimes they double up and run them in series - adding a 4 or 6 channel amp gives you flexibility to address this. Also will be curious to see if they added speakers at the helm or not - many of us have added them there as well (look at the 242X link in my signature for that and more mods)

I'm going to guess the hard crappy bow roller will be on the 2021s...but who knows....perhaps someone who's got their hands on one can comment.

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
The tower will likely not be pre-wired for speakers, but usually pre drilled. So you have to just pull the wires through it. There are a few discussion on here about doing this. I did it on my 242X to pull my marine radio antenna wire through...but it is MUCH thicker and was easy to self feed. You will want to add an AMP to drive the tower speakers, and may want to look into how Yamaha has the stock speakers amped because sometimes they double up and run them in series - adding a 4 or 6 channel amp gives you flexibility to address this. Also will be curious to see if they added speakers at the helm or not - many of us have added them there as well (look at the 242X link in my signature for that and more mods)

I'm going to guess the hard crappy bow roller will be on the 2021s...but who knows....perhaps someone who's got their hands on one can comment.
Same crappy roller!

robby76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My 2021 195 FSH CC Sport came with the crappy roller. All ready have the Stoltz replacement one foe when I get to it.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys! Ok so will be ordering the roller. Good info on the tower speakers. Anyone boat around the Lake Erie islands ? Bay Point? Cedar Point?

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome @LakesideLaw. There are a few Lake Erie boaters including myself on here, we have a 242 LSE, I’m sure more will chime in shortly. We boat Sandusky bay, bay point, Kelley’s, PIB when the conditions are right, and inland lakes in NE Ohio when the winds kick up. You’ll see plenty of yamahas around.

North side of Kelley’s is about as close to heaven as you can get on Lake Erie! Hope you get your boat in time for a full 2021 season and we see you out there.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @Plpbecks ! Glad to hear there are a few on Lake Erie... I have a place on the Sandusky Bay - East Bayshore. Looking forward to adding the AR250 to the fleet! Lots of sandbar fun off of Bay Point - and yes you are correct about the north side of Kelley's - feels like you are not in Ohio! When things calm down would love to set up a poker run or jetboat party - I have a private tiki bar on the water and can host a decent amount of boats.

IMG_1968[1].JPG

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That’s a fantastic setup! :Welcome:

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds like a plan. We rented a house with a few others on the water in Sandusky this summer with a dock for our boats and jet skis, a tiki bar, and a hot tub. Had an awesome time. You’re lucky not having to haul out at the end of the day, but when the winds get blowing we enjoy being able to drop into an inland lake.

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@topgun7214 is another member based out of Sandusky with his 240, he can probably help with any questions as well.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @mark_m !

I have a rental house available on the property as well. Place has been in my family for 80 years - its a ridiculous setup. I usually wet slip boats most of the summer - I love the Rejex product. We have a couple jetdocks for the skis that work well. The AR250 I am going to Rejex it and wet slip - will pull it once a month (Dempsy's public ramp access) and do a nice boat wash cleanup and drop her back in. That seems to do a nice job of keeping things nice and clean. I don't do any inland lake runs usually - although I am planning on a trip up to Crystal Lake area in Upper MI next summer and will take the boat there. Can't wait to meet everyone!

topgun7214

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had a feeling someone was talking about me............I dont know much about the speaker upgrade questions. Your gonna love the Hot Sauce! I pulled the boat twice this past summer to clean. On the final exit of the season I had the typical Sandusky Bay scum/fur build up. I just mixed up 75/25 of white vinegar and water, kept it wet for about 20 minutes then power washed it all off. Worked like a charm. My boats been at the dealer in Michigan for the past 6 weeks getting void spot hole fixed and winterized and a few other little screws and what not tightened. Picking it up Friday. The last time I waxed it I used the new Turtle Wax Ceramic and it held up surprisingly very well. I never heard of the Rejex product before.

@LakesideLaw, if your title implies what I am assuming, then you are a brother. Welcome to the group. Your gonna see plenty of Yamaha's out on the lake and bay. I would like to visit Crystal Lake as well once all this Covid mess is over or who knows. The only thing I know about or have heard is to go there durring a non holiday time because it gets like Dempsey and Mazurick ramps on a holiday. lol

LakeErieJB129

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just checking around on the forum and found this post. Glad to see others in the Sandusky area with Yamaha jet boats, we are awaiting our 2021 ar210 so that we can get on the lake this summer.

superglide

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just checking around on the forum and found this post. Glad to see others in the Sandusky area with Yamaha jet boats, we are awaiting our 2021 ar210 so that we can get on the lake this summer.
hello. Live in FREMONT. just picked up 242se last year. pumped to hit the lake also. be on the look out

Attachments

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice to see we can get a group together out on Lake Erie! This summer we should plan some sandbar gatherings... nice 242se...ar210 should be a money boat as well... can’t wait for my ar250!

nice to meet you all

superglide

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks @Plpbecks ! Glad to hear there are a few on Lake Erie... I have a place on the Sandusky Bay - East Bayshore. Looking forward to adding the AR250 to the fleet! Lots of sandbar fun off of Bay Point - and yes you are correct about the north side of Kelley's - feels like you are not in Ohio! When things calm down would love to set up a poker run or jetboat party - I have a private tiki bar on the water and can host a decent amount of boats.

View attachment 137309
yes go to the sandbar all the time. keep me in mind. can't wait

LakeErieJB129

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice boat looks great in Blue Streak colors lol...the sandbar is always a great time. Glad to see there will be other Yamaha jet boats around the area.