• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Member - AR250 - Seattle

Seattle_Phaeton

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello members. New to the forum, been lurking for a while. Recently purchased a new AR250. Coming out of a 1992 Chris Craft Concept 228 cuddy cabin with a 454 and OMC Sterndrive. This is my second jet boat. First one was a 1979 Witchcraft 19ft with a 454 BBC and a Panther pump. Longer ago than I would like to admit. Looking forward to the Yamaha and learning from all of you.
20201229_124642.jpg

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
:Welcome:
Congrats on the boat...this our first jetboat and it's a blast to drive and easier to dock than our old I/O prop - mostly due to the lack of fwd/rev gears and very quick lock-to-lock steering. We'll never go back to props.
:)

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome boat congrats! Make sure to get yourself an orange Stoltz trailer roller as stock yellow plastic one will scratch the boat and leave marks on that awesome blue color. Get yourself some Cobra Jet Steering @Cobra Jet Steering LLC to help with low speed maneuvering and help with backing up. Congrats that’s amazing boat and enjoy it in good health!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful boat! Congratulations and welcome.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Great looking boat! :Welcome: :Welcome:

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im a bit biased but that is an awesome looking boat in that Blue.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love the AR250 jealous you got yours already... I have the black/green coming (my preference) but the blue is amazing as well. Enjoy the boat!

Seattle_Phaeton

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I liked both colors but the wifey liked blue and I was just happy she let me buy the boat.

jetTraveller

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Congrats on the boat!

I’m trying to decide between the 252s and the SE. I hear one of the differences is in Bimini size, but it is hard to tell from pictures. Is there any chance you could measure your AR Bimini from front to back and the width? Then I can bug an SE owner to do the same. Haven’t had much luck with the dealers or Yamaha on getting actual numbers.

Seattle_Phaeton

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would measure it for you, but the dealer is storing it for me until the the cover comes in or the weather changes.

jetTraveller

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If you’re waiting for the weather to change in Seattle it will be April/May 😁😆

then you will have a beautiful and short summer where I hope you get maximum enjoyment!