• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Member - Cincinnati, OH

Vince

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hello All,

I purchased a new 2016 242 Limited in Nov ’16 and will have my run through and take possession on 4/4/17. This forum was a great resource prior to the purchase and I’ve probably read every 242 related thread since. I figured an actual introduction is in order prior to picking up the boat!

I’m coming from a 2001 Maxum 1900 SR so this is a nice jump in size, age, and technology for me. We typically spend our time on Brookville Lake, IN but also enjoy boating on the Ohio River.

I look forward to continuing to learn from others and be a contributing member myself.

Thanks!
Vince

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @Vince
Your family is going to have a great summer.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@ Vince - Congrats on the purchase! Your family will definitely enjoy it... at least until they have to help clean it.

Take advantage of the user map to meet up with fellow jetboaters in your area and talk each other to spending more money on mods!
We look forward to hearing about your adventures with the new boat and seeing pics of all the smiling faces.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome and congrats on a GREAT boat. We LOVE our 242! :Welcome:

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @Vince and congrats on the new boat.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board
Congratulations on the new boat

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Congratulations on your new boat:winkingthumbsup"

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations, @Vince! We have a few things in common... My name is also Vince, I am an Ohioan, I boat at Brookville often, and I recently switched to a Yamaha from a I/O. Welcome! This site is great and these guys know enough to be dangerous!

BAC.94

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You should think about attending the Shelbyville gathering!

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome Vince! I am in Cincinnati area also. Our boat though stays down at Lake Cumberland. Let me know if you ever decide to trailer down. There are a few of us Yamaha owners down there that meet up occasionally.

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome Vince! I am in Cincinnati area also. Our boat though stays down at Lake Cumberland. Let me know if you ever decide to trailer down. There are a few of us Yamaha owners down there that meet up occasionally.
I make it down to Cumberland once or twice a year. I know I'll be down the last weekend of July! My profile picture was actually taken on Cumberland - pretty sure we were somewhere between Fishing and Pitman Creek.

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have a cabin and storage for the boat near Burnside. If anyone is down there during the summer hit me up.

Vince

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Congratulations, @Vince! We have a few things in common... My name is also Vince, I am an Ohioan, I boat at Brookville often, and I recently switched to a Yamaha from a I/O. Welcome! This site is great and these guys know enough to be dangerous!
Thanks for the welcome, Vince. Maybe we can meet up sometime on Brookville. I'll be easy to spot as the guy who is still learning how to maneuver his new jet boat!

Tlewellyn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Welcome... Look me up we boat at Brookville most of the time as we have a camp there. A little practice and you'll be a pro.

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome, guys. I usually launch at Hanna Creek. We usually take a few laps, grab a bite at Ainsley's and toss football at the big cove between the causeway and the dam. See y'all there!

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! We live just south of Cincinnati and boat primarily on the Ohio River. We keep our boat at Riverside in Dayton, KY. Are you going to boat on the river, or stick to lakes?

Also check out the Ohio River Boat Party page on Facebook if you haven't already. It's a good page for info on what's happening on the river.

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@bthessel when I go to Cumberland, I stay with a friend who has a cabin a few miles from the Waitsboro launch ramp. I wonder if y'all are neighbors...

@Tlewellyn I, too, have a campsite at Brookville. Well, it's my dad's but I can use it whenever I please. I wonder if WE are neighbors...

Vince

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
After waiting 4 months and trailering 265mi from the dealer in MI, I was able to get my first pictures...complete with crew. Looking forward to actually getting on the water.IMG_0850.JPGIMG_0849.JPG