• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Member from OH

jsmcol

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Hi Group, just ran across this site. I have 2 '97 1100cc Yamaha wave raider triples, looking to get into something that is a bit more reliable, looking at the Spark and the Yamaha FZS. I ran across a 2014 FZS and after reading some of the threads here, and the chains breaking on the engines, I'm a little concerned as to whether ii should be looking at a diff ski. I like to go fast, my wife not as much, so we will end up with two skis, but wanted to get one good one for next year at a minimum.

Am I being overly concerned about the chain issue, or if I buy this ski should I negotiate it down to allow me to do the upgraded chain retrofit from the 2016 skis. Suggestions?

Thanks, and can't wait to get back on the water...

Jim

Sacamano

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can’t speak to your questions, but welcome to the site.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @jsmcol glad to have you here and good luck with your search for a new ski. I really don’t have any good advice on that engine issue. But I’m sure others will chime in once their Thanksgiving Day food comas wear off. ;)