• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New member with 210 FSH questions

Bugslayer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I have a place in Baja, Mexico on the Sea of Cortez side. I have been looking to add a boat the the toys for down there. The Yamaha has got me intrigued for sure. I am not a boat guy, yet, but going to be soon. Everybody down there has outboards on Triumps, Trophys, boats like that.
This Yamaha looks to be more versatile to me. It also seems like a better value. From what I've researched, I would be spending way more on an older boat if I went the Triumph, Trophy direction.
My concern's are the sea worthiness on open water and the long term effects of salt water on this boat. There is a boat ramp close by to take the boat in and out, but I also have the option of mooring to a buoy out in front of my place and paddling to the beach in a skiff or raft.
Here's the view from my porch. It looks calm there, but it can get pretty lively at times. Definitely want a boat that can handle some rough seas.
Any advice is appreciated, thanks!
PA230152.JPG

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Rough seas? Grady White is pretty good, Contender is nice, Parker has always had a good name. 8 to 12’ seas are a whole different ball game if you never had a boat I would stay away from rough seas. If you go out when it is nice it is a pleasure. Rough sucks and is dangerous. If your boat is moored the jet drive would be in the salt water all the time and it would not be good, if you put it in at the ramp and take it out it will work great and is a good value with nice fuel efficiency. More people will chime in and answer your other questions.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I won’t lie, for 100% ocean use there are better options out there. I settled on this boat because 90% of what I do is lake and river running. It will do what you want it to do, but if it were me I’d strongly consider an “offshore focused” vessel. There are a lot of good options, and the sky is the limit for center console boats.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree with @Dixie Highway, I use my 210FSH 50/50 in my lake and on the coast.. but I dont leave it in saltwater and only take it off shore when its reasonably calm and good forecasts.. I also would not leave it in the water moored to a bouy.. if it were to flood for some reason, Rain, rough waves etc.. the engines are way down in it.. whereas those other boats that are probably self bailing have the engine up above the water line.

marmstufl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I agree with both @Dixie Highway and @kthrash on this one. I use my FSH 210 in ONLY saltwater, but I have a lift with a cover so it's not living in the elements. I wouldn't ever leave one of these boats in a wetslip or moored for any extended period of time that isn't over a weekend or a bimini trip.

Lakanooky

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
For me, I believe the boat can handle way rougher seas than the Captain of the boat can. That being said, I would not leave it permanently moored as you are considering. It is not a big boat by any means, but I don't believe it is really designed for that. If you want to do it for a few nights in really good weather and seas, then I don't think it will be a problem. But I don't think I would leave it unattended for weeks.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I ran the crap out of it in very rough seas to try it out. Nose does go under if you go to fast. But it goes by in the cork fashion if you go at the correct speed. It stays on top of the waves instead of going through them like a heavier boat. Has plenty of power to do what you want and stay on top of a rolling sea through a inlet also.