• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chaunceybland

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just wanted to check in from Memphis, Tn. I have been looking at boats and researching for the last couple weeks and glad I stumbled upon this site. New to boating, looking to start in the 21-24ft. range. I'm hoping to purchase in the week or 2 so that I can get out and get some time on the water. Not sure if noobs take this on or not, but I think I have gotten my wife and son excited about a Bimini trip. Any other Tennesseans out there give me a shout. We usually spend a lot of time on the baseball field, but we will make time for this new adventure!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi and Welcome to the forum. :Welcome: !!! Tons of good info here with very helpful and informative members to keep you safe and on the water.

Bimini trip? If this is your first boat and you've never boated before, save the trip plans for next year. Bimini is not to be taken lightly and must be prepared for. There are lots of info on the here in these forums. Please search and read everything you can to get prepared. There's a lot to do.

Share pictures of your boat when you get it. We love pics. Thx!

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
:Welcome: from a former Colliervillian! you just happen to be in the best, most capable hands in the jet boat world.

Aqua Jetaway

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Lots of good info on here to help you make a good decision. Once you find a boat or two, don’t hesitate to ask away.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to the group! Let us know if you need any help spending your money... 😉👍

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome and good luck with your search for a boat. The dealers will probably be drooling when they see you drive into the lot!!

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome @Chaunceybland! Happy to have you here, it’s a great place and I know you will find the help you need spending every penny you have!

make sure to share pics when you get her!

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome to the group! Lots of great info and helpful members to assist with darn near everything you'll need to know!

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Tjw961

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Am right down the road from you, in Olive Branch. We bought our Yamaha last year and really love it! Closest Yamaha boat dealer is in Pickwick btw. Welcome and good luck on you new boat choice!

Chaunceybland

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks... Yeah I have a couple of friends that boat in Pickwick. Pulling the trigger is hard! I'm eyeing a few 11-14' 242 Limited S boats, but then the brand new 210s are $10-15k more. So i'm struggling with new/used. I know the 210 is smaller, but there are only 3 of us. Decisions decisions... @Tjw961 are you enjoying your 242?

Tjw961

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We were looking at the 21' one's first. Knew we wanted twin engine vs. single so made most sense to us at first. Even had found a couple 21' boats, came to a price with seller, then right before weekend to pick up seller changed their mind. Found our 242 shortly after the second time that happened and couldn't be happier. And I figured that instead of wishing I had gotten the next size up just start there from the beginning. Only 3 of us as well, but no matter what size you land on I'm sure you'll take others with you at some point. No matter you're choice you're going to love owning a Yamaha for sure!! We sure do! Sardis is where we frequent most for now. Not crazy packed like Pickwick. Good luck!

Chaunceybland

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Gotcha... I will be sure to pm you once I find something.