• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New merc 40 60 cable install

senoiaslim

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and new to jet drives.

I have just ordered a merc 40 60 outboard. I have a custom setup for stick steer and platform seat. I have to purchase a remote control for trim and fnr. I do not know what cables get attached since I think there is no shifting of the transmission like on a standard outboard. I assume that the cable goes to the transmission, goes to the bucket on the jet??
So my question is what remote controller do I need for a jet? I see a part number of Sport Jet Remote Control (P/N 802755 ) does this sound like what I need for running the jet with trim and throttle?
Thanks
Slim