• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New mod.

jetfisher

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not sure that I've seen any one do this one yet. After adding the terrova to the bow I noticed the port side light was only visible from straight on to just a bit off to the side. So I purchased a plug and extension to solve that and keep safety in check. I used the same socket as is used for the stern light.

Attachments

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That's a good idea. The trolling motor does block the port side view. Anyone know why Yamaha went to the anchor locker location and quit using the dedicated separate bow light locations on each side? Perko makes some nice LED's for each side. Think that's what I'll go back with.

The t-top stern light makes sense too. I hate that giant pole getting in the way when fishing at night. Which stern set up did you use?

Last edited:

jetfisher

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Earfixr , I heard it was coast guard mandated to change the light. Something about the lights weren't visible at 2nm. I haven't chose a stern light yet, still can't find what I like. I want It to hopefully fold down flat.

Last edited:

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Weird, I thought 2nm was a USCG min? The Perko shark eye LED's are 2nm rated. I'll post a pic when they're installed. Might install a cup holder in the anchor hatch to fill the hole left by stock light.

jetfisher

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That a heck of a light. The factory Light was just a small hole about 1/2 inch and two maybe 1/8 holes left behind. I talked to a guy tonight that told me the original lights the had on the bow corners actually pointed more up than horizontal which is why Yamaha had to make the change.. a spelling error on my other reply...should say were not not were.

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I talked to a guy tonight that told me the original lights the had on the bow corners actually pointed more up than horizontal which is why Yamaha had to make the change
I totally believe this is the whole issue.
My dealer noted the recall when I bought the boat (out of state) and said they'd "get back to me" when they got the stuff in to make the fix.
Hey dealer, "Helloooo, are you there? I've never heard boo from you since I bought the boat."
Frankly, I like lights where they are especially with the trolling motor situation similar to what others are dealing with. I'm thinking this winter I may get to the machine shop and fab some backing plates to "verticalize" the existing lights.

Brian Filas

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Jetfisher - I am just about to make the same mod as you cant see it over my ST Riptide. I can only find a black two wire mount. Where did you find the white with chrome?

jetfisher

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It's an actual Yamaha part.The same as the stern light . I found it on amazon.

Brian Filas

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@jetfisher - Sorry, but I have searched the internets and Amazons and cannot find that chrome post nav port. Do you happen to have the model number?

Brian Filas

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@jetfisher - Apparently, all I had to do was post the question and then 5 seconds later I would find it. Part = ATTWOOD 910261 on Amazon

Last edited: