• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New owner in Ohio - 252SE

Eriejetboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hello all, I want to first thank you for all of your input and time spent contributing to this forum. I landed here when searching for a boat for my family mid-year last year. Originally, I was searching for stern-drive vs outboard vs jet drive comparisons, but pretty quickly landed on jet drive for a number of reasons. I have spent many hours perusing and even commenting on some of the threads here, which has allowed my transition to being a boat owner to be as smooth and planned out as it could be.

My family and I are excited to be new boat owners effective 2 days ago! Back in December 2020, I had made the decision that the 25’ Yamaha or Scarab would be the best fit for my family’s needs (which is basically fair weather boating / tubing / surfing / etc. on Lake Erie - where we have a condo). I then began seriously looking to buy something. I was able to find a 252SE in stock at a dealer 2 hours away from me, and I made the spontaneous decision to buy it, site unseen and never having driven or riding in one. In retrospect, that was the right decision, considering all the order cancellations which have since happened.

I then began doing serious searches on this forum for accessories, modifications, fixes, etc... You all know how that goes.

Fast forward to Saturday, when we had the appointment to pick it up, go through the orientation, change out the bow roller to a ULT-4, and drive the 2 hours over to where it will be rack stored. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the Yukon XL with HD towing package towed this beast.

Once there, I successfully reinstalled the Bimini, along with the snap-in covers, and away we went. I expect we will be able to actually take it out in 2 or 3 weeks. Here are some pictures from delivery day:

ADBF9738-4B93-433B-8CF9-1116E9539083.jpeg4A189A53-D648-4004-AAF1-2A5E48338D9C.jpeg86A0A359-16A1-4B40-8EC6-ECE23390B1E8.jpeg

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats and welcome. Lots of Us Ohio jetboaters on here now. What marina are you dry racking in?

Chatt_Jetsetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Good looking boat, here's to lots of summer fun! ☀

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Skyhawk223

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Congratulations! Jealous that you were able to get a cover.

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Beautiful boat. I have the little brother, 212SD, same color scheme. Get ready to keep that black all clean from the water spots. Hahaha.

rad1026

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice boat and congratulations. Just curious, you mentioned you were initially interested in the Yamaha or Scarab. What swayed your final decision?

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! Great boat - I pick up my AR250 on Friday from Buckeye - I let them keep it an extra week to get my custom snap on cover installed - your cover looks great! I have a place off of Bayshore Road - lots of JBN boaters out that way. We are planning for some Sandbar meetups and such this summer.

Eriejetboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Thanks Guys! I bought the cover with the boat in December - not sure I did anything special except remind my salesman a few times as the weeks rolled by that I wanted to make sure I had it when I picked up the boat.

Mully262 - I am loaded up with Hot Sauce, but the reality is that with my boat being rack stored I’m not sure I’ll be motivated to work on all the water spots each time...

Rad1026 - I landed on Yamaha partially because of all the support on this forum. Plus, I own a Yamaha and a Sea Doo jet ski. I like the Yamaha engine better than the Rotax. A friend of mine has a 2 year old 25’ scarab and I liked the way the new 25’ Yamaha hulls looked compared to that. Not very scientific, but that’s what it is.

LakesideLaw - I got mine from Buckeye as well. My only advice is to ask them for help if you plan to change out the bow roller (if you are so inclined). The Stoltz ULT-4 is a direct replacement. The service tech helped jack up the boat, lower the front of the trailer and even helped ratchet. It was a 3 minute job. Just bring your own tools and they are accommodating. Also, here is my anchor locker drain (and my next mod). Already bought the PEX and sealant.

8CFC9244-FAE2-473C-B4E6-A49E3D906B21.jpeg

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
LakesideLaw - I got mine from Buckeye as well. My only advice is to ask them for help if you plan to change out the bow roller (if you are so inclined). The Stoltz ULT-4 is a direct replacement. The service tech helped jack up the boat, lower the front of the trailer and even helped ratchet. It was a 3 minute job. Just bring your own tools and they are accommodating. Also, here is my anchor locker drain (and my next mod). Already bought the PEX and sealant.
what tools did you bring? I plan on taking my new roller on Friday and asking about changing it out.

Eriejetboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
what tools did you bring? I plan on taking my new roller on Friday and asking about changing it out.
just a ratchet and socket and a wrench for the other side. I forget the size but it’s the same as what comes in the new roller.

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
just a ratchet and socket and a wrench for the other side. I forget the size but it’s the same as what comes in the new roller.
My Stoltz roller is 3/4". Recommend deep socket. 2 x 3/4" socket (1 deep, 1 normal) make quicks work. Remember not to over tighten, bells should be able to roll. (I tend to overtighten things)

poordealguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello all, I want to first thank you for all of your input and time spent contributing to this forum. I landed here when searching for a boat for my family mid-year last year. Originally, I was searching for stern-drive vs outboard vs jet drive comparisons, but pretty quickly landed on jet drive for a number of reasons. I have spent many hours perusing and even commenting on some of the threads here, which has allowed my transition to being a boat owner to be as smooth and planned out as it could be.

My family and I are excited to be new boat owners effective 2 days ago! Back in December 2020, I had made the decision that the 25’ Yamaha or Scarab would be the best fit for my family’s needs (which is basically fair weather boating / tubing / surfing / etc. on Lake Erie - where we have a condo). I then began seriously looking to buy something. I was able to find a 252SE in stock at a dealer 2 hours away from me, and I made the spontaneous decision to buy it, site unseen and never having driven or riding in one. In retrospect, that was the right decision, considering all the order cancellations which have since happened.

I then began doing serious searches on this forum for accessories, modifications, fixes, etc... You all know how that goes.

Fast forward to Saturday, when we had the appointment to pick it up, go through the orientation, change out the bow roller to a ULT-4, and drive the 2 hours over to where it will be rack stored. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the Yukon XL with HD towing package towed this beast.

Once there, I successfully reinstalled the Bimini, along with the snap-in covers, and away we went. I expect we will be able to actually take it out in 2 or 3 weeks. Here are some pictures from delivery day:
That's a beautiful boat! Supposed to get up to mid to upper 70s in NEO this coming Tuesday! Crossing fingers that the forecast holds.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
How exactly did he jack up the boat? There isn't quite a jack point.

Eriejetboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
They had a very substantial looking floor jack, with 2 pieces of wood to protect the gel coat finish on the hull. They placed that under the keel, just behind where it curves up to the bow. They jacked that a couple times, (very small amount) then slowly lowered the trailer tongue via the trailer jack. (The boat stayed where it was, since the floor jack was carrying the load of the boat, and the trailer dropped down enough to create room to change the bow roller). Completely under control and free of drama.

Last edited: