• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New post on boating North from the East Bay to Old Sacramento

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I do this at least once a year but thought some may be interested in a new update/read out.

Costs:
$20 to get over the Antioch Bridge with a boat in tow.
$35 to launch the boat and park the tow vehicle and trailer for one night.
$56 for guest dock space for one night (excludes shore power).
$238 for a Concierge room (on 8th floor/ highest floor) with a Riverview at the Embassy Suites hotel.
$120 for 40 gallons of gas at $3 per gallon.
Total: $469 before misc. spend like dinner, snacks, tow vehicle fuel, etc.

Distance 40 miles each way from Vierra’s resort.

Time, about 2 hours each way without stopping at an average speed of 30 mph but there are quite a few no wake zones to deal with. It took me a lot longer to get back but that was because we stopped a few times and took an alternate (side slough).

Summary review: it was a good trip as usual but I was surprised a few times:
First we didn’t want to wait for a table to eat breakfast before we left for the water so my wife and I at on the back of our boat in the IHOP parking lot. When we got to the hotel were told to stay close to the hotel to avoid protests happening near the Capitol building just a half mile down the street. Second the pool was closed due to Covid. Third, the city does not seem to keep the guest dock clean or clear. That is, boaters using the dock would simply leave their trash next to their boats (sometimes in bags, sometimes not) and leave. For clarification, it was the boaters that littered the most, the parties seemed to clean up and take their trash with them for the most part. There was also a lot of trash built up on other parts of the dock that may have been there for weeks. I wanted to park my boat in a slip in view of my hotel room but a homeless not boatless guy Was already occupying the next spot over so I passed on using this spot (see the third pic down for his boat and his dockside camp site). I doubt this guy paid for a spot so why didn’t they boot him out? There were also homeless camping in the area between the guest dock and hotel entrance. I’ve never seen it this bad in Sacramento. I would not go back again unless/until the City addresses their trash and homeless problem. A lot of boat owners who had a boat on the dock came back around 8p and partied until 12. That is other boats pulled in or rafted up and they blasted music until mid night. The city hired DJs and musicians to play for the public out door diners. All dining is out doors right now. $469 to visit for one night / day I’m a semi closed city where the dock is dirty, unsecured. do I really have to state that this is unacceptable.

If you do go, try to a avoid docking your boat under the bridge as it would make an easy target for all of the birds that nest there. Also try to get an inside spot, you never know what’s boating by in the middle of the night or how fast they are going. Also launch out of vierra’s resort or closer, something already in the main river or you may find yourself boating in wind caused swells more than 5’ tall near Rio Vista. 964E0B91-82E1-4AF9-9AB0-0CDEF96CAC67.jpeg7E1FAA85-AE9E-464D-9AE7-48BB91BA337A.jpeg408F505E-B90A-4F71-8D0A-6FAC72F11844.jpegE0FDE87A-221C-4B88-A318-95B7C7E7896C.jpeg
DAC02E85-6ADC-4366-BA9D-BEBA812DB858.jpeg
697C8E9A-62DC-4D09-BB0C-87B5341A0EA7.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited: