• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Forum News! New Post rating feature!!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
By popular demand, and because we think it will make the forum even more interactive, we have added a feature called "Post Rating". This allows you to say more than "Like" on a post. We want everyone to keep this on the positive side, but there is a "Dislike" button that rate "neutral" for those occasions when someone posts that they are on the water and you are shovelling snow....or a similar sort of feeling....but please don't over use this or use it if you simply disagree with someone.

We also may add a "Spam" rating, which if you see spam you could click on....but this is still a work in progress.

This addon should continue to make the experience here even more fun.

Rate away!!!!

Below are the currently available post ratings (Aka reactions). We just added "Wow" and "confused".

Screenshot_20220829-212825_Chrome.jpg

How to use....just click on the like button for a simple "like" or press and hold on touch devices to open up the list of other options. Non touch devices should open up that list when you hover your mouse over it.

Last edited:

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Cool, thanks @Julian. I can see where most of these rating icons could be used but what the hell does the rainbow mean?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Is there a list somewhere for what all these things mean or do i need to use them on someone?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is there a list somewhere for what all these things mean or do i need to use them on someone?
You can press each one to read what it is then press undo.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If you are on a device with a mouse, you can point at the icon and it will tell you what it is. But many of us use tablets...so here is a screen shot of the list (Disagree is disabled):image.jpg

@sstegh What is the rainbow? "Optimistic"...probably not one of the top used ones....

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You're right, I'm using a tablet and don't have the "hover" option without a mouse. I figured out the General meaning of the others but the rainbow had me stumped, optimistic makes sense. Thanks for the screen shot,

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Rainbow = optimistic? Really?

So everytime I see a freakin Prius with a rainbow on its window - I can say - there's an optimistic dude! :)

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
And for those moments when I'm shoveling 4' of snow off my roof and 1 of our southerners here posts a beautiful picture and boasts about there chilly 70 degree day - I want more than a dislike - I want a big FU. A big respectful FU of course!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah....we covered the big ole double FU in another thread....LOL! Probably not going to offer that one....but if someone has another rating they would like have...post it up!

The rating feature also allows for quick polls within a thread....Thumbs up or thumbs down?

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yeah....we covered the big ole double FU in another thread....LOL! Probably not going to offer that one....but if someone has another rating they would like have...post it up!

The rating feature also allows for quick polls within a thread....Thumbs up or thumbs down?
@octavio3311, The rainbow would serve well as an "optimistic" and respectful FU. We just won't tell anybody...

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Haha! @Murf'n'surf just gave me the freakin rainbow!!!! That's funny! Well played! :p
And he was 1 of those southerners I could've used the dislike rating for. I would've preferred the FU button.

@Murf'n'surf - I really got a laugh out of that. I'm sitting here in bed and I saw my rainbow and said "that motherf---er". My wife says "who, what happenned"

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lol. Just being optimistic that the sun will return to the North so you guys can have at least 12.5 days of boating weather! In all honesty, I feel for you guys. I've lived in the frozen dead zone and can remember how long winter can get.

Bikinis are coming don't worry!

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This winter has been a BITCH. The coldest February in Ct history. And the snow hasn't stopped! Cleaning the driveway is 1 thing - but when you have to shovel 4'-5' off the roof. It F'n SUCKS!
And to make matters worse - 1) I dropped the damn shovel off the roof. And 2) ran out of beer

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This winter has been a BITCH. The coldest February in Ct history. And the snow hasn't stopped! Cleaning the driveway is 1 thing - but when you have to shovel 4'-5' off the roof. It F'n SUCKS!
And to make matters worse - 1) I dropped the damn shovel off the roof. And 2) ran out of beer
I would declare a state of emergency!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This is to funny, but I like the change!