• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Purchase Opinion

Mike99

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello All,

Looking for your expert opinions. Considering buying a 2007 SX230 with a wakeboard tower. Seller’s bottom price is $15k. The boat has sat since 2010 but he had it serviced by a Yamaha dealer last June and spent $1650 total after fixing some items (has not been in the water). New tires on the trailer which looks new. I noticed on his service receipt that the port motor has 16.5 hours and the starboard has 17. I guess this can be correct if not used since 2010.

The bad, grey hammered vinyl is shot and needs to be replaced. Carpet and mats are toast. Gel coat is oxidized.

Everything else seems in order. I’m fairly handy and have been reading the wealth of information here on how to repair.

Seems like a fair price, was says you?

thanks!! Mike

1FF897A6-14EA-4ED5-AEBC-29B487022C76.jpegBE89B29D-A1B1-435D-A7D0-29D67E8E09EB.jpeg

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Vinyl, graphics, carpets and a hull detail will certainly add up to over $5000.... Price seems high. $10 000 ish wood be more reasonable given that it's sat. A well maintained boat with 400 hrs would be worth more to me.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, seems high. We purchased a 09 AR230 last fall for $19k. Boat was in good/great shape, low hours, seats all good but 1, serviced at dealer and trailer had new tires. The only thing that needed repair was the cushion behind the captains chair had a small rip, at $150 for repair so no complaints. I would try to talk them down.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll just throw up my "expert" lol 230 comparison opinion. If I were to sell my 2008 SX230, in superb, needs nothing condition with about 170 hours (and a nice new cover to boot) I would expect a price around 20k. And you would know the boat's history. Do the math. 15k too much, and it is a buyer's market for an 11 year old boat. Would he sniff at 11k cash? Nope to 15k....and check back in about 2 months to see if he still has it. I bet he does, and if not, he let it go for well less than his bottom line price. Do not do it at this price.

Attachments

Mike99

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks to all those that replied. I’ll report back if I can close the deal at a lower price. Guessing not but we shall see.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Prices should be much lower now, a lot less discretionary income floating around...

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hello All,

Looking for your expert opinions. Considering buying a 2007 SX230 with a wakeboard tower. Seller’s bottom price is $15k. The boat has sat since 2010 but he had it serviced by a Yamaha dealer last June and spent $1650 total after fixing some items (has not been in the water). New tires on the trailer which looks new. I noticed on his service receipt that the port motor has 16.5 hours and the starboard has 17. I guess this can be correct if not used since 2010.

The bad, grey hammered vinyl is shot and needs to be replaced. Carpet and mats are toast. Gel coat is oxidized.

Everything else seems in order. I’m fairly handy and have been reading the wealth of information here on how to repair.

Seems like a fair price, was says you?

thanks!! Mike

View attachment 113058View attachment 113059
Take it on the water!