• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New ride for wife

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
wife totaled out her car few weeks ago...

IMG_5666.JPG

Thankfully she was ok with the exception of a few minor injuries. Picked her up a replacement this week. 2017 Acura RDX. It suits her perfectly.

Attachments

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I tried to get her to go for the NSX.... It was only $198,000 lol!

IMG_5751.JPG IMG_5746.JPG

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
wife totaled out her car few weeks ago...

View attachment 53303

Thankfully she was OK with the exception of a few minor injuries. Picked her up a replacement this week. 2017 Acura RDX. It suits her perfectly.
Glad she was OK with the hit on her side. My MIL purchased an RDX last year and she enjoys it. How did you like the Altima? We might be moving soon which will make my daily commutes much longer and I've consider buying a mid size as opposed to stacking the miles on my truck. How was the ride, road noise, and fuel economy on the Altima?

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad she was OK with the hit on her side. My MIL purchased an RDX last year and she enjoys it. How did you like the Altima? We might be moving soon which will make my daily commutes much longer and I've consider buying a mid size as opposed to stacking the miles on my truck. How was the ride, road noise, and fuel economy on the Altima?
Altima was great. It was a 2009 model and we planned on her driving it many more years but things happen. We bought it new and it treated us well. My only complaint is the CVT transmission. The original failed at 50k miles, but it was replaced under warranty. I don't know if they worked out the issues with the cvt yet, but other than that great car. Ride was good, road noise was great, and fuel economy was good. It was the 2.5 4 cylinder so it got 30+ mpg.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad she is ok. Looks like she has a nice new car.

As far as the NSX, it is nice looking, but if I'm going to burn $200K on a car, it damn sure ain't gonna be an Acura! o_O

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

As far as the NSX, it is nice looking, but if I'm going to burn $200K on a car, it damn sure ain't gonna be an Acura! o_O
Why not? $200k for a Honda is a steal. Haha no really though I don't know anything about the car other than it looked awesome.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

I somewhat agree but the NSX is a badass car on the track.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well the beauty of the internet, and the fun thing about these boards is that I get a chance to see things and learn things that I normally wouldn't come across. I just spent 13 minutes learning about the NSX. It is pretty badass. 573 HP would be awful fun. But I still think I agree with what the guy said at the end of the video, basically he said Acura wants this to be an everyday supercar, but who wants to drive a supercar everyday? I would buy an Acura sedan for sitting in traffic every day, and an old stick shift Ferrari to drive on sunny weekends.