• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Scarab 195 Fish video

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I like the tail gate as it saves room when you need to store the boat.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it looks great, but slow considering it has a 250hp engine, it is slow. Scarab has failed to incorporate the new pump, and supercharger from Rotax, and is still using the old 153mm pump. For a boat this size carrying a 250hp engine, this boat should be in the low 50mph range.

I love the concept, but I would wait and see if they use the 215 hull, and twin engines before jumping on this one. Imagine if they offer a 255 Open with twin 250s. That would be a game changer.

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Slow, It is a 195 hull, single engine. The open is 2730 lbs., and the 195 2460 lbs. The 200 HP uses a 159mm pump and the 250 uses a 161mm pump. And as the 215 twin engine, fuel to speed increase 13 mph is not nothing.

Attachments

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
PERFORMANCE
Model Eng. Impeller Dia Type Top Speed Cruise Range
IN MM MPH KPH MI KM
ROTAX 200/149 1.5L Supercharged 6.26 159 SST 37-40 60-64 85 130
ROTAX 250/187 1.5L Supercharged HO 6.34 161 SST 40-43 64-69 85 130

Interesting. They are using the new Rotax 161mm pump, but using the old 1503 engine to push it. That makes no sense at all. Why not incorporate the 1630ace engine and have a maintenance free supercharger? Plus get some speed and HP to go with that pump... I see a huge improvement in 2018!!

Last edited:

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I wouldn't have bought it over the 190FSH had I known it existed. I can see the outline of the T-top on the sunburn now lol!

Mattkalin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am leaning towards buying this boat! I saw it at the Chicago Boat Show and think it will work for my family and I. I like the Yamaha FSH and the price, but it does not have a very good Audio System or night LED lighting and very little Padded areas for the wife to sit/lay and relax. One thing I noticed was that on the hull the graphics had a 3d effect made the same Foam Material that was on the Deck? I have my doubts on how this will hold up over time. I also think my 6 year old son will love jumping off the tailgate! I also like the more Radical styling opposed to the Plain Jain Yamaha. Just worried about the Scarab Quality but I think this mostly lies with Dealer Selection. I live in Michigan and so I like to support Michigan Companies rather than a foreign company.

Skirmante

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am leaning towards buying this boat! I saw it at the Chicago Boat Show and think it will work for my family and I. I like the Yamaha FSH and the price, but it does not have a very good Audio System or night LED lighting and very little Padded areas for the wife to sit/lay and relax. One thing I noticed was that on the hull the graphics had a 3d effect made the same Foam Material that was on the Deck? I have my doubts on how this will hold up over time. I also think my 6 year old son will love jumping off the tailgate! I also like the more Radical styling opposed to the Plain Jain Yamaha. Just worried about the Scarab Quality but I think this mostly lies with Dealer Selection. I live in Michigan and so I like to support Michigan Companies rather than a foreign company.

We actually just filled out an application at the Chicago boat show and closing soon on a scarab 195 with 200 hp! We're a little concerned it's 200hp and debating the 250hp but dealers said that it will similar to 250hp. I'm not sure how true that actually is.

We were looking at the yahama sx195 vortex with 180hp. Biggest differences was upon sitting inside each boat, the scarab was SO much more comfortable. They really put effort and did micro detailing to make sure you're comfortable sitting from all angles.

Our only concern is everyone always posts about scarab 195 ho or the ho-I. I have yet to see someone's input on a 200hp for this boat.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We actually just filled out an application at the Chicago boat show and closing soon on a scarab 195 with 200 hp! We're a little concerned it's 200hp and debating the 250hp but dealers said that it will similar to 250hp. I'm not sure how true that actually is.

We were looking at the yahama sx195 vortex with 180hp. Biggest differences was upon sitting inside each boat, the scarab was SO much more comfortable. They really put effort and did micro detailing to make sure you're comfortable sitting from all angles.

Our only concern is everyone always posts about scarab 195 ho or the ho-I. I have yet to see someone's input on a 200hp for this boat.
Just FYI - Yamaha SX195 has the SVHO engine with 230+hp. Which is the same or more than the stated 250hp of Rotax, in real life.

--

Skirmante

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
But the engine itself says 180hp on Yamaha? Sorry new to boating! We're just at such a loss of what to do especially since the closing date is in a day or two. We are worried we will invest 30k into a boat and have it under perform. But Yamaha seats are so uncomfortable!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
But the engine itself says 180hp on Yamaha? Sorry new to boating! We're just at such a loss of what to do especially since the closing date is in a day or two. We are worried we will invest 30k into a boat and have it under perform. But Yamaha seats are so uncomfortable!
hp or kW?
If it is a 2017 Yamaha 195, it is SVHO, it is a 1.8l supercharged BEAST with 230+ hp, basically same as max hp of the 250 Rotax. Moreover, the SVHO has (most likely) more torque which is great in a boat. So, after some 2014/2015 timing chain brouhaha that's been fixed, the SVHO is probably the best power plant out there in a jet boat.

--

Mattkalin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow this is some serious issues .... should I buy the yamaha then>?

ET Fisk/Ski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just bought a 2017 Scarab Open Fish. I got the 200hp Rotax. After a test ride on a very rough lake, I was sold. It has plenty of power for what I need and this size boat. This boat rides smooth and sits well in the rough stuff. I was impressed. It will be my first jet ski. It will be 50/50 usage. Fishing and Tubing,Waking, and Skiing. I have two towing points with the tower and below the tailgate.

Buckddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm really liking this boat, I would be pretty nervous about buying it though. I live in central Ohio, there has to be a dealer that has some experience working with the Rotax. Any suggestions?