• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Scarab 215

Capt. Disaster

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
picked up my new '16 Scarab 215 on Friday. Sold my '09 430hp Seadoo 200 Speedster. Already have put on 15 hours in three days. Gorgeous interior for sure. Feels like a much longer boat than the 200 Speedster. Lots of great storage areas. The ski mode/docking mode/Eco mode/ etc. is great... Mounted a Simrad G07 on it... Trailer cover is awesome. Still need to figure out how to view the water temp and how the rear seats fold into a sun platform - if this particular boat even has those two features... Still love my Speedster but the new Scarab is working out great...

Attachments

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @Capt. Disaster and congrats on the new boat. She looks beautiful!!!

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Nice look'in Scarab! Welcome to Jetboaters.net! I looks like you are up in the North?

JusFlyinBy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Very nice! I'm jealous. Good luck with the water temp thing, still haven't figured that out on mine either (if it even has it!).

Robert Sands

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Love the boat! Looks like you're in Guelph, do you ever put your boat in Lake Ontario? I'm at Bluffers Park Marina, there's a few of us in the area with Scarabs. I like that Simrad, I just threw Navionics on a tablet mounted to the console, I should look into that thing. Take care.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Pretty boat @Capt. Disaster !

Also glad you found us here. Make your self right at home ... and post more photos as the occasion arises.

Many Best Wishes your way, Mikey Lulejian
+             CartoonWelcomeAboard 81 CAPT DISASTER.jpg

Capt. Disaster

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yeah - just north of Guelph. Have never put in in the west end of Lake Ontario - always a little concerned about the big water... Often put in in the Thousand Islands - the other end of the Lake, or Midland, or Muskoka or... Did the Trent Severn and the Rideau end to end on our 200 Speedster - two adults, two kids and two dogs... Up at Bobcageon this week - only had the boat six days and it just rolled 30 hours...

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yeah - just north of Guelph. Have never put in in the west end of Lake Ontario - always a little concerned about the big water... Often put in in the Thousand Islands - the other end of the Lake, or Midland, or Muskoka or... Did the Trent Severn and the Rideau end to end on our 200 Speedster - two adults, two kids and two dogs... Up at Bobcageon this week - only had the boat six days and it just rolled 30 hours...
1000 Islands would be a good time. I used to live there years ago. I understand about putting in on the Great Lakes. They always seem to have a 30 mph wind on them. ;) We often go out on the Gulf of Mexico weather permitting. :winkingthumbsup"

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Very nice! Love seeing more of the Rotax powered boats here. 30 hours already??!? Having fun for sure. Enjoy!

Jeremy Witt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey, Captain. We're moving to a Tennessee lake later this year, hoping to have a new boat shortly after. We were laser-focused on the Chaparral VRX 223, but having just seen the Scarab 215, we're trying to sort out which one to choose. Did you look at the VRX line before deciding on your Scarab, by chance? Looking for any deciding factors you may have used. :)

Thanks,
Jeremy

Capt. Disaster

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hey, Captain. We're moving to a Tennessee lake later this year, hoping to have a new boat shortly after. We were laser-focused on the Chaparral VRX 223, but having just seen the Scarab 215, we're trying to sort out which one to choose. Did you look at the VRX line before deciding on your Scarab, by chance? Looking for any deciding factors you may have used. :)

Thanks,
Jeremy
The Chaparral was originally my first choice - I preferred the bow personally - not as 'square & angular'. In the end I bought the 215HO because I really liked the interior colours/style and my current dealer (who is awesome) carried the Scarab brand instead of having go with someone I don't know. I looked at the Chaparral again this year at the boat show and I really wasn't that excited, personally, about the colours and interior appearance. I felt my 215HO, which is a '16, was just cooler and much better done up inside. So far I've been thrilled with my Scarab. My family and I were totally in love with our last boat - a Seadoo Speedster 200 - but this is a 10 times better boat. I've only had one minor trim issue, which my dealer handled easily. The boat rides beautifully, looks awesome inside and out, has great features like the various modes, and lots of storage... I'd make the same decision again at this point in the relationship... Enjoy Tennessee...

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Great looking boat! Best of luck with it

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Congrats! Love the red- also, looks like your boat doesn't have the versa lounge in the middle (it was a buy up option in 2016 for like 300 bucks)- you won't be able to make a full sunpad but the sides should still fold I think.

Jeremy Witt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The Chaparral was originally my first choice - I preferred the bow personally - not as 'square & angular'. In the end I bought the 215HO because I really liked the interior colours/style and my current dealer (who is awesome) carried the Scarab brand instead of having go with someone I don't know. I looked at the Chaparral again this year at the boat show and I really wasn't that excited, personally, about the colours and interior appearance. I felt my 215HO, which is a '16, was just cooler and much better done up inside. So far I've been thrilled with my Scarab. My family and I were totally in love with our last boat - a Seadoo Speedster 200 - but this is a 10 times better boat. I've only had one minor trim issue, which my dealer handled easily. The boat rides beautifully, looks awesome inside and out, has great features like the various modes, and lots of storage... I'd make the same decision again at this point in the relationship... Enjoy Tennessee...
Thanks, Cap! Where we're headed, seems the Scarab and Chaparral dealers are 2.5 miles apart, we'll see which one charms us the best!

Having seen both boats, statically displayed at boat shows, I find the Chaparral appears to be "more refined", and the Scarab a bit rougher, but we're still early in the search. Chaparral folks offer test drives, hoping Scarab is the same, as that's the real test. Measured performance and specs are so close...

Thanks,
Jeremy

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Capt. Disaster how do you like that SIMRAD? I am thinking about buying that same one for my scarab. Did you hook up a transducer or power? If you did, would you mind sharing how it went?

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hey anyone have any tips on where to hook up the power for these GPS's behind the dash? I have one I want to install tomorrow. On the attached driver console

Attachments

SPCAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I ran my power cables around the Bow and over behind the stereo. I found no easily accessible ignition power plus I had to run the NMEA cable over there as well. Still haven't done my transducer but I just finished up GPS (Garmin 547) and Fusion stereo.

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@SPCAS. Thanks for the reply! Are you able to get engine parameters with you NMEA? I have been wondering about that as well.

What did you tap into for ignition power?

Really appreciate the response.

SPCAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm using the same power as the radio. No go on nmea2000 for the rotax from my research so far. The GPS does make the poor placement of the radio a non issue though since it provides full control.