• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Scarab Owner!!

James McDougall

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Hi Guys,

We just purchased a fresh 2018 215 Wake Edition, loaded up with pretty much everything. Slightly frustrating because it arrived at the dealer, still completely wrapped just to be missing a rear seat and a section of It's scarab smart mat. The rest is there. Also, the right latch on the rear re-boarding ladder is broken. Very frustrating but not the dealers fault....he's already ordered all these parts and they are on route and should arrive inside of a week. Our season is fairly shot so it needs to happen very, very quickly! Looking forward to reading more from all of you and posting stuff too!! :D

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
@James McDougall North Bay huh? I'm in Ottawa and boat on lake Nipissing often since my parents have a property on the Veuve river and live in Sturgeon Falls. I'm originally from Verner/Sturgeon Falls :) I know those waters well! Grew up on that lake! lol Small world. I'm heading up first week of July and again in early August to spend some time with the family. If you see a Scarab 165, black going around, flag me! lol

James McDougall

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@James McDougall North Bay huh? I'm in Ottawa and boat on lake Nipissing often since my parents have a property on the Veuve river and live in Sturgeon Falls. I'm originally from Verner/Sturgeon Falls :) I know those waters well! Grew up on that lake! lol Small world. I'm heading up first week of July and again in early August to spend some time with the family. If you see a Scarab 165, black going around, flag me! lol
You'll have to drop by and say hello. We live right off Amelia beach on Queen St. ....Our plan is to head to Twiggs in Sturgeon for coffee at least once a weekend! 165 on Nipissing....gotta pick your days carefully. We originally looked at getting one of those as our local shop here in town had two in stock they literally couldn't sell because Let's be fair...this is the North and Scarab is an expensive brand....so could have got an amazing price but ultimately, we want to buy a small cottage on one of the islands down the French river someday......anyway, look forward to seeing you out here someday!! Feel free to pull up on our beach for lunch ! :D

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Ah yes Twiggs... I like to go there too. Yes, definitely picking our days but generally staying on the western side of the lake which is full of islands of course. Waves don't get crazy (but I don't go out of my way to go out on a windy day). One of the nice things about these boats is being able to take the "routes less traveled" where there isn't much water which tends to be behind islands. Avoids rough seas.

Last summer, we had fantastic weather while I was there... managed to do a couple of rides down to Dokis, Campbell's Bay, Schuswap camp, Lavigne and near Garden Village. So although she's limited on that lake, still manage to get plenty of enjoyment out of it.

Typically I boat in the Sharbot Lake area off highway 7. This is the main reason we bought it. Tons of tiny, shallow lakes interconnected by narrow rivers. It's the perfect boat for that area. Lake Nipissing is a one off thing I usually do one week a year.

Queen St.. wow you are close to the water! lol I've actually never boated to North Bay. Never gone passed Campbell's Bay since we typically had little reason to get caught in rough waters across the lake. I'm hoping to have some nice weather this year and try and venture a little farther that way. Not sure if I'll get all the way to North Bay though. When I'm up, I'll ping you in case you're around. Could do lunch at Twiggs if you happen to be available. Kind of cool to see someone else with a Scarab.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome and congrats on the new boat. That’s a bummer about parts missing though. But that’ll be all forgotten once you hit the water.

James McDougall

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Ah yes Twiggs... I like to go there too. Yes, definitely picking our days but generally staying on the western side of the lake which is full of islands of course. Waves don't get crazy (but I don't go out of my way to go out on a windy day). One of the nice things about these boats is being able to take the "routes less traveled" where there isn't much water which tends to be behind islands. Avoids rough seas.

Last summer, we had fantastic weather while I was there... managed to do a couple of rides down to Dokis, Campbell's Bay, Schuswap camp, Lavigne and near Garden Village. So although she's limited on that lake, still manage to get plenty of enjoyment out of it.

Typically I boat in the Sharbot Lake area off highway 7. This is the main reason we bought it. Tons of tiny, shallow lakes interconnected by narrow rivers. It's the perfect boat for that area. Lake Nipissing is a one off thing I usually do one week a year.

Queen St.. wow you are close to the water! lol I've actually never boated to North Bay. Never gone passed Campbell's Bay since we typically had little reason to get caught in rough waters across the lake. I'm hoping to have some nice weather this year and try and venture a little farther that way. Not sure if I'll get all the way to North Bay though. When I'm up, I'll ping you in case you're around. Could do lunch at Twiggs if you happen to be available. Kind of cool to see someone else with a Scarab.
You pretty much went everywhere in it then!! That's awesome. I know of two other 165 owners here in town, but they generally just play on Trout and Turtle lake. We plan on going there only rarely. We've already rented a slip at the government docks.....It's $1K for the entire season, which I think is a bargain...the wife is extremely busy so her time at home shouldn't be wasted trailering the boat. We live less than 5 minutes walk from the Marina on the boardwalk.....we eventually have plans to build a massive retaining wall which incorporates a boat ramp but currently duking it out with the Conservation Peeps....fun fun! :D Definitely shoot me a PM before you head out this way this summer and we can definitely organize a get together of some kind!!

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Also, the OPP just bought three 165s. One of which is based out of North Bay! lol So if you see a black 165 with a wake tower coming, it's probably them! lol Mine doesn't have the tower.

Good luck on the retaining wall.. not easy to get built these days! You should definitely buy a cottage on an island, then I can come and visit! lol The French River is awesome but too bad that all the restaurants in that area seem to be gone. Keystone used to be great to go to when I was a kid.

James McDougall

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Also, the OPP just bought three 165s. One of which is based out of North Bay! lol So if you see a black 165 with a wake tower coming, it's probably them! lol Mine doesn't have the tower.

Good luck on the retaining wall.. not easy to get built these days! You should definitely buy a cottage on an island, then I can come and visit! lol The French River is awesome but too bad that all the restaurants in that area seem to be gone. Keystone used to be great to go to when I was a kid.
I saw that boat being serviced the other day next to mine at Idyltime here....our local boat dealer. They have the 150s too so the little things are rapid. I generally don't mess with any of them :D

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Especially since you have the same draft! Wherever you go, they go! No shallow draft advantage! lol

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
This is the part where everyone is like, wtf is OPP, Twiggs, etc. I think we've lost most of the forum. lol

James McDougall

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
This is the part where everyone is like, wtf is OPP, Twiggs, etc. I think we've lost most of the forum. lol
(Ontario Party Poopers) needed an upgrade....they were sporting a disgusting ancient looking SeaDoo Speedster 150 last season that I was surprised still stayed afloat! :D For reference to all: Twiggs is a coffee house and OPP are the Provincial Police! :D