1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New SeaDek, New Stoltz Roller, Swim Platform Umbrella, Torn Sunroof, Engine Fault... oh my!

Discussion in 'Yamaha AR240, SX240, 242 Limited / S / X/ E-Series' started by Shookie, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Shookie

Shookie Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242 Limited S E-Series
    Boat Length:
    Spent the day after the Raleigh Fall Lakes meet up working on some boat stuff....

Ordered some new SeaDek pieces from JBP to fill in some places that aren't on the standard boat. Was easy to install and I was really happy with how well it matched. Call me crazy, but I was worried about it matching up.
    IMG_9988.jpg IMG_9989.jpg IMG_9990.jpg

Installed a new Stoltz Bow Roller. Bought it from Sturdy Built based on a post from someone else on here. The original that came on the trailer is a really hard plastic and definitely scratches up the bow area. I don't think this new one fits that great though....
    IMG_0007.jpg IMG_0008.jpg IMG_0009.jpg

Bought a new table stanchion since I want to have an umbrella on the stern for more shade. Took a noodle and stuffed it into the opening to make the umbrella pole fit snug in there. I did slice a thin section out of the length of the noodle and it made a nice pocket for the umbrella pole to fit.
    IMG_0005.jpg

I might be the first to say, I hate the "sunroof" on the 2018 bimini top. The sunroof was zippers on the sides and rear to allow you to open it. My 1st or 2nd time out, somehow, the zipper fell off of the rear. There's velcro there but no zipper. I was at my dealer a couple weeks ago and they said they had no to fix it. They said to wait until the season is done, bring the bimini down to them and they will send it out to an upholstery company to fix it. Keep in mind, all I needed was the actual zipper pull that you grab and slide. Nothing more...... So, as I drove to the lake on Saturday, I noticed the sunroof flapping in the wind. Pulled off the highway and found that there was a nice tear now. I'll be expecting a new bimini now... can't wait for that discussion with my dealer. IMG_9998.jpg

After leaving the meet up on Saturday, I got some engine communication alarm for the starboard engine. Wish I took a picture of it, but I didn't. I was able to silence the alarm but a red ! was lit up on the bottom of the display. The alarm popped up 1 more time about 10 minutes later. I put it on the trailer before it happened again. So at home on Sunday, I checked the screen for anything about the alarm and found this:
    IMG_0001.jpg

I reset the alarm, started the starboard engine for at least 20+ minutes and no alarms. I'm going to assume everything is OK... but not sure. Anyone have experience with a communication fault?
    IMG_0002.jpg

Last thing, no pictures..... the fader/balance control is all screwed up. I was playing around with it and noticed that fading to the left turned off the left speakers. Right turned of the right speakers. Fade to front and every speaker stayed on. Fade to back and it turned the volume off. Put fader back in the middle and nothing. Turn up the volume again, fade back and volume goes off. My tower speakers aren't right either. Gotta get dealer to look into this.... not that I plan on using this much, but after having a 2 year old on the boat on Saturday, I thought about fading speakers to the back if I have a kid trying to nap. Dunno....

Sorry for such a long post, but figured I'd put a bunch of crap in 1 post instead of a bunch of separate posts.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Whisky

Whisky Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    X
    Boat Length:
    On the engine communication alarm, I find I occasionally get an engine comm error from the not started engine when I’m getting everything up and going (1st engine runs fine, second throws error). So far it goes away when I start it though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. swatski

swatski Jetboaters Fleet Admiral

Ratings:
    +8,538 / 126
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Looks like the new Connext shows fuel level in float mode!

--

4. Whisky

Whisky Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    X
    Boat Length:

Oooh, didn’t notice that! I can’t count the number of times I’ve glanced down in float mode and had a quick heart attack before remembering fuel changes to volume. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Jameson Clark

Jameson Clark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 5
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    X
    Boat Length:
    Same here!

6. Shookie

Shookie Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242 Limited S E-Series
    Boat Length:
    Strange.... I was doing 45mph with both engines humming along..... there was no change in how everything ran.

7. Joshua Miller

Joshua Miller Jet Boat Lover

Ratings:
    +70 / 9
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Is the roller the same size as the stock? From the picture it looks like it fits just fine.

8. Shookie

Shookie Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242 Limited S E-Series
    Boat Length:
    It fits fine, but if you look at the picture, only the ends of the rollers are touching the boat. I thought it would of fit the contour on the bow a bit better. Not that worried about it though

9. tek4fun

tek4fun Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242X E-Series
    Boat Length:
    For your fader issue, I would check on the fusion head unit to make sure that zone 2 is not linked to zone 1. Usually, this is how you get that behavior. I can give step by step instructions on how to do this check, if you need/want it. The balance would need to be fixed by rewiring the output connector at the fusion head unit. I do not recommend any consumer to attempt this correction. These terminals and connectors are very easily damaged.

10. Shookie

Shookie Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242 Limited S E-Series
    Boat Length:
    Hey, thanks for the tip. I'll try and check that on Labor day while i'm out on the lake.

11. Shookie

Shookie Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242 Limited S E-Series
    Boat Length:
    Forgot to check the faders..... but did finally get the name and registration numbers on my boat Monday morning before hitting the lake. Like many others, I used DIYlettering.com and am super happy with the results. Only took 4 days to get them delivered to my house.
    boat 5.jpg boat 3.jpg

• Like Like x 1