• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New SeaDek Use? For Pets and lazy boarders

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My step through upholstery takes a lot of abuse from my dog moving from swim platform to cabin. Also notice the boarders hitting it with wake boards when grabbing boards from racks.

I was thinking a u-shaped piece of plastic with seadek applied could be a nice looking, removable guard.

Anyone else interested? Is there a simpler fix(other than keeping the dogs and teenagers off the boat)?

@JetBoatPilot
4FB0DFBC-0C23-4BDC-9C1C-A4D3D01F193F.jpeg 6F97743F-3A71-459B-B0E4-9BF534626570.jpeg

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I can see where that would be a problem. I don't think I have a quick answer for you. I think it could sell but you're the first to express the need. If we were going to create a solution it would have to be after hearing from many (not just a handful) that this was very needed. The moldings to create the plastic piece would be very costly so it would be a question of could it be done economically.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Grab you a heat gun, thinish piece of UHMW and get to town. When heated and cooled the plastic will hold the form. Call up @JetBoatPilot and order a custom piece of seadeck to top it off. DONE!

M@__

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Cutting board is like “king starboard” but without the UV inhibitors. You could try it out with a cheapo that’s the right size as a proof of concept.