• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New speed record!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Wouldn’t need the trim tabs if I could hit 163...just skip over any waves or chop.

Scarab 215

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Any idea why this glitch accord or how this happened?

Canesfan1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Not really lasted less than five minutes. Simrad GPS alway has accurate speed, which was about 5mph.
We were just floating with motor running for about 15-20 minutes, went to leave and noticed glitch.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great fuel mileage at 163!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The Scarab use GPS for speed signal? If so, a glitch sometimes causes it to think it moved 400 feet instantaneously and calculate an incorrect speed. If it’s a paddle wheel, jet wash could have caused it to spin too fast. Also, the paddlewheel simply counts pulses in a given time, which correlates to speed. If it miscalculated time the equation to figure speed would be off.

Scarab 215

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm uncertain of the OP exact setup. All scarabs I have owned, have all used GPS. I have never encountered a similar issue and I'm Interested in understanding what caused the Op's glitch? I do know these electrical systems are extremely voltage Sensitive.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You must have been going down hill.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Can't we all just agree that for a couple of nearly free mods, we can all have these speeds?
His pump must be bery efficient!