• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to boating and the forum. Need help!

Justin Turner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Hey guys. New to the forum but I have found it very useful since I bought the boat (last month). I am still digging around so please forgive me if I ask a question that has already been answered.

Little background. Bought my boat, 2015 Glastron GTS207 in Willis, TX. I believe it's the 200 HP version only because it tops out at 40-41 on perfectly smooth water. It's my first boat so I didn't do the amount of research that I should have but overall I am happy with it.

Upgrades so far in the last month are:

Sound: Two WetSounds REVO-10s, four WetSounds REVO6s, WetSounds SYN-DX6 and SYN-DX2.3HP, Sony Stereo (More Outputs), and a Kicker 10" sub.

Electrical: Two additional batteries, wired in parallel in addition to the original battery on a separate two way switch.

Problems so far in the last month:

Transducer kept reading 200+ feet in 10 foot of water. Pulled the transducer out and the gobs of silicone, not epoxy, out of the hull. Still need to mount it back with transducer epoxy but I'm waiting on it to get shipped. I am almost positive it is working properly because I hear the "click" and it reads 3-5 feet when I hold it in place while the boat is on the trailer in the driveway.

Gas gauge kept reading full. I pulled the fuel sender out and took the gasket out of the tank and put it where it was supposed to go, not sure how it came off, and turned the float to the front instead of the side. It works great now but I haven't been out since. I kept telling my friends "this thing gets great gas mileage, I've been out three times and its barely below full!" lol

I still have these current problems and need help!

After fixing the above two issues my check engine light blinks 4 times after turning the key to on, but not starting, then goes away. No error codes in the menu and the boat starts and runs fine, when in the driveway powered by a water hose for 20 seconds. I am not sure if this will go away on its own or if I am going to have to spend money just for the dealer to check the light.

Second issue is my gauges. The LED display is fading on one side and the other gauge "background" is bubbling. Since I am OCD I would like to replace the gauges but don't want to spend the $600 the dealer wants for the gauges. Does anyone know of aftermarket gauges that are plug and play for the GTS207 or at a minimum gauges that will fit and provide the same capabilities as the factory gauges?

Finally, since I don't mind working on this thing myself I would like to own a service manual. I called the dealer that I bought it from as well as MarineMax in Lewisville and both told me that they don't even have one. They both said that they work on the boats using experience. This sounds like BS and an excuse to get me to bring it to them for repairs. I don't need a manual for Rotax but rather one for Glastron GTS207. Any ideas or a part number for the manual?

Finally, where is the speaker for the startup beep? I want to put duct tape over it so it's not so dang loud!

Thanks for the help guys!

Justin Turner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Called the dealer and got the "I've never heard of that happening" about my check engine blinking 4 times and going off. The service department told me to try to disconnect the battery and see if it went away. I disconnected for 30+ minutes but the warning is still there. I am assuming it is the O2 sensor problem that everyone is having so I am going to just order one to see what happens. On a side note, the dealer said I would have to take it in to get the warning to go away even though I don't have any fault codes in the menu. I ordered the BRP#707600872 from Amazon for $75.00 because I am in a hurry and the service department couldn't even find a part number. Fingers crossed that the O2 sensor fixes everything.

Justin Turner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Ordered a second O2 sensor. The dealer called me back and gave me two part numbers. The first one he said was obsolete which was BRP 0460374. The second one was the current part number, which was BRP 0461576. I only found one place online that sold it: http://www.crowleymarine.com/ They said it was a guaranteed fit for the Rotax 150, 200 and 250. It was $74.95. Hope this helps someone.

Last edited: