• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New to forum put a deposit on a 2022 AR250

Feeder Driver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Other
I've been lurking for awhile now, we just sold out 21 foot stern drive and I put a deposit down and am number 3 in line for a 2022 AR250! I've never financed a boat before so kinda nervous about it I have 36,000.00 to put down so I think I should be ok! Are they tough on boat loans any input greatly appreciated.

Congrats! I have a deposit down for a 252se and I'm supposedly 3rd in line. Which dealer and how much? All mine asked for was copy of CC # and DL. I offered to put money down but he said there's so many on the list and so far out that they didn't want to mess with the paper work and refunds in case someone changed their mind. I have 30k to put down so I'm curious as well. I think they treat like a car/ truck purchase.

Congrats! I have a deposit down for a 252se and I'm supposedly 3rd in line. Which dealer and how much? All mine asked for was copy of CC # and DL. I offered to put money down but he said there's so many on the list and so far out that they didn't want to mess with the paper work and refunds in case someone changed their mind. I have 30k to put down so I'm curious as well. I think they treat like a car/ truck purchase.
Winnebago land in Wisconsin they only required $1000.00 deposit

I've been lurking for awhile now, we just sold out 21 foot stern drive and I put a deposit down and am number 3 in line for a 2022 AR250! I've never financed a boat before so kinda nervous about it I have 36,000.00 to put down so I think I should be ok! Are they tough on boat loans any input greatly appreciated.

Boat Loans are not hard to get financed for. Although each finance company or bank/ credit union has their own criteria. If your credit is ok and you can qualify on the monthly payment based on income it is relatively smooth. With your down payment you should get the best rates any place can offer you.

Just like buying a car shop around prior to going to the dealer to get the best rate. In regards to the dealer obviously if they can match or get you a better rate then I would go that route. Dealers make money off financing.

Winnebago land in Wisconsin they only required $1000.00 deposit
Your in good hands with these guys...

When we bought our 18 AR210 from Winnebagoland I was able to get better financing on my own from Kohler Credit Union. The last boat we bought I got a good rate through the dealer with US Bank. Note: I did some research up front to determine the best boat loan rates and then told the dealer they needed to match that rate ( and they did).

What's a good rate? I was told 5%.

What's a good rate? I was told 5%.

Depends on the number of years and credit...We are at 4.24% for 15 yrs and put over 20% down. From the research I had done earlier this year that was a very good rate. I am sure others have done better..

Who told you 5%? The dealer?

Depends on the number of years and credit...We are at 4.24% for 15 yrs and put over 20% down. From the research I had done earlier this year that was a very good rate. I am sure others have done better..

Yes the dealer, but that was a guess. I told him I had excellent credit and 30k to put down on a 252se. He "quoted" me, 96k out the door. That's with the increase in price, taxes,rigging,docs. He dosen't know what the price increase would be until Yamaha tells them so he just guessed at 89,299. If my math is right that's a 13% increase. THAT'S CRAZY!

If the shortage of boats keeps up it will creep a bit higher I am sure. Only thing that cools this off and available deals is more supply and less demand.

Deposits = demand! That's what causing price to go higher! I walked away when they asked us to put $1000 deposit for the boat. No thanks! I am not contrubiting to the problem! We can wait!

I don't really think $1000 deposit is out of line, BUT, does a deposit really matter to them in this market???? There is someone else in line or they can sell the boat easily if you decided not to take it. So really the deposit means nothing, imho.

5 seems high. The Yamaha offer now is 2.99% on a 6 year loan. I used the same offer last fall and financed through them. My dealer originally said yamaha told them I qualified for 3.99, which was strange with a score over 800 and I pushed back saying that's ridiculous and I will call my credit union for a rate. They called back in 5 minutes and said I was approved for 2.99. I'm not sure if it was miscommunication, or somebody was trying to pull one over, but it worked out in the end.

Of course Term length typically affects interest rate. A 6 year note would carry a lower interest rate than a 15yr note.

I don't really think $1000 deposit is out of line, BUT, does a deposit really matter to them in this market???? There is someone else in line or they can sell the boat easily if you decided not to take it. So really the deposit means nothing, imho.
I don't think it matters if you have a deposit or not. There's so many on the list that if one changes their mind or backs out they move on to the next one and they don't have to deal with the refund and paper work. At least that's what the dealer I went to said.

I got 2.5% for 84 months from my local credit union. Credit unions will give better rates then traditional banks so definitely look into them. Most have their rates posted online and with a down payment like you have I wouldn’t worry about getting approved.

Very new to this forum but I do have a question if anyone has any answers or insight information. Is Yamaha producing the 2022 models and when will they be available? I put a deposit down for 2022 212 SE.

Very new to this forum but I do have a question if anyone has any answers or insight information. Is Yamaha producing the 2022 models and when will they be available? I put a deposit down for 2022 212 SE.
People have already received their 2022 212 and have posted pictures

Back