• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to Jet Boats and this site!

Charnldc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello fellow jetboaters, as a newbie jet boater, I'm certainly not new to boating. However, my goal joining is that I can quickly obtain a lot of great advice and experience from all of you! Ill will be taking position of a Yamaha 195 Sport FSH on the 28th, seems like a good fit for my boating needs and was wondering if anyone has an advice, opinions, and/or suggestions about this purchase? My next big issue is fitting it with stuff e.g. chart plotter, VHF, charts, spare parts etc. and best places to shop and not get robbed?

Thanks,

Dave C

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to the site. Congrats on the new boat. I don’t have any experience with that model so I can’t offer advice. But have fun with it!!

Rustynuts1770

Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello fellow jetboaters, as a newbie jet boater, I'm certainly not new to boating. However, my goal joining is that I can quickly obtain a lot of great advice and experience from all of you! Ill will be taking position of a Yamaha 195 Sport FSH on the 28th, seems like a good fit for my boating needs and was wondering if anyone has an advice, opinions, and/or suggestions about this purchase? My next big issue is fitting it with stuff e.g. chart plotter, VHF, charts, spare parts etc. and best places to shop and not get robbed?

Thanks,

Dave C
Hey Dave,
I too am new to this site also, i Live in Australia - so i do apologize to the Group for clicking on the Florida Area but Queensland (Australia) was not on my options list when i signed up.
I have a 14.5Ft Regal Rush XR2 Mercury Sport Jet with very low hrs (112) it is a great boat and does our family very very well.
We live in an area that has a great deal of tidal sandflats, Mangroves, Rivers and freshwater lakes - Google Fraser Island - Hervey Bay - This is my home town Down Under in OZ..

Cheers Rusty
Rustynuts1770

Charnldc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey Dave,
I too am new to this site also, i Live in Australia - so i do apologize to the Group for clicking on the Florida Area but Queensland (Australia) was not on my options list when i signed up.
I have a 14.5Ft Regal Rush XR2 Mercury Sport Jet with very low hrs (112) it is a great boat and does our family very very well.
We live in an area that has a great deal of tidal sandflats, Mangroves, Rivers and freshwater lakes - Google Fraser Island - Hervey Bay - This is my home town Down Under in OZ..

Cheers Rusty
Rustynuts1770
Hello Rusty,
I visited Melbourne back in my Navy days and fell in love with Australia! Amazing country, and the people there are so friendly, had a blast! Do you follow SLV on YouTube?

Cheers mate,

Dave C

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think electronic choices are really based on how you will use it. For that very reason the big MFG's of GPS/Plotters offer more inland specialized and offshore specialized offerings.

For example, Navico makes Lowrance and Simrad. Here in Minnesota, Lowrance and Hummingbird are king. They are the top of the market for inland navigation and fish finding. Advanced bottom scanning etc. But the Simrad version with similar interface is geared more for advanced navigation of open waters, and integration with external system like Radar and auto pilot, tides, weather etc. Both great choices, but different.

Same goes for VHF radios. The most popular brands will many time integrate with your sonar/gps choice for utilizing GPS for safety. So watch for that. Assuming you are asking for VHF, so you may be offshore more than I. Our boat came from the SC coast, and has a Simrad and Uniden. The Simrad is somewhat overkill, but I love everything about it. And it does what we want to do.

As far as spare parts, that will mostly revolve around maintenance items. Oil change kit, spark plugs, Silicone spray for cleanout plugs and salt away for flushing after use. Maintenance will be a much higher priority than spares. As you truly can only replace so many things while on the water. A seatow subscription may be of more value.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@Charnldc, @Rustynuts1770 :Welcome: to the forum. Tons of great information as well as members to help keep you on the water. Please share pics when you can; we all love pictures!!!

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
These boats are pretty reliable, but if you plan to do a bunch of off shore with a single engine I'd get Sea Tow.

Charnldc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great information and encouragement, thank you!!!

boatman1975

REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Congrats and welcome aboard!! I am a newbie too but love this site already.

Charnldc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you! This is already an amazing forum regarding answers to concerns with a new 2021 Yamaha 195 Sport FSH!

My latest issues are; where to mount a Garmin transducer on this boat?

And why is water filling up the clean out tube?

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

DC

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome!!

Water filling the cleanout tube is perfectly normal for our boats.

Krats

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Thanks,

Dave C
Welcome there are a lot of resources on this forum. Some may get you out of a jam or help you do or fix something you've never had to do before. Most will help you spend your money 😉.

Charnldc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
BOAT...Break Out Another Thousand is already in full swing!! Thanks

Charnldc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone else having issues with fuel gage accuracy or lack thereof? My 2021 Yamaha 195 FSH sport fuel gage will read 100% until about 75% or less is there a way to correct this concern?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fuel gauges are not perfect. They are just a general guidance of roughly how much fuel you have.

Charnldc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I get it, but can you imagine if our cars were as inaccurate? Seems the boating industry would become as good as the automobile industry?!?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I get it, but can you imagine if our cars were as inaccurate? Seems the boating industry would become as good as the automobile industry?!?
:Welcome:
Unless you can come up with a way to keep the fuel from sloshing around in the tank as you move over waves, you can't get a really accurate reading. Even people walking around on the boat will cause the weight distribution to change and perhaps the fuel to move and change the reading. Cars are typically level and stable most of the time, so the readings tend to be stable and accurate.

Charnldc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My point is my digital gage does not move at all until it suddenly drops to below 70%. Cars move around as well...