• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to jetboating

Lwmedic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I hope to take possession in a few days of my first jet boat (a 212x). Any suggestions on the best way to learn this boat?

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I hope to take possession in a few days of my first jet boat (a 212x). Any suggestions on the best way to learn this boat?
Just get out and drive it. Don’t plan a whole day first time out, maybe an hour or two in case there are any problems.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
drive it. I watched lots of videos but only by practice have I gotten good at it. Take full advantage of the twin throttles! What model year will it be?

granitetech

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought a 2011 AR240. My first time ever driving a jet boat was on the test drive. I put it in the water on Saturday at the marina and was able to back it in to my slip without incident. Just relax and don't over think it. Don't be afraid to use a burst of thrust.

Sean R

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I would suggest the first outing going on a week day with just you and a friend or lover 😎 no kids or pets. I would recommend that with any new boat jet or not. When My wife and I took the maiden voyage with our first boat it was quite stressful. It was a beautiful Saturday, the sun was shining, the birds were singing and the bikini was small. BUT the lake and public launch were packed, launching the boat was extremely stressful. Of course we started arguing and the day didn't turn out as wonderful as planned. All that being said now it a great memory for my wife and I, we were young, no kids and we learned alot about boating.16 years of boating and 17 of marriage and still enjoying both. 👍

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Go on an off day were there won't be anyone there. Practice backing up, getting it off and on the trailer. Then practice around the dock. You just need to get use to how the boat handles. The only way to do that is to drive it. Once you become comfortable it will calm your nerves. Practicing will give you experience which you can learn from. Trust me, we've all been the school of hard knocks. :winkingthumbsup"

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome!!! Can't wait to see pictures of the boat.

Best way to learn is practice, practice, practice everything from hooking/unhooking trailer to the truck, launching/retrieving, maneuvering and how the cover goes on & comes off.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Or just add the super magnum ak-19 deluxe steering system and practice smiling at all speeds in forward and reverse and during water sport activities

Attachments

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I would suggest the first outing going on a week day with just you and a friend or lover 😎 no kids or pets. I would recommend that with any new boat jet or not. When My wife and I took the maiden voyage with our first boat it was quite stressful. It was a beautiful Saturday, the sun was shining, the birds were singing and the bikini was small. BUT the lake and public launch were packed, launching the boat was extremely stressful. Of course we started arguing and the day didn't turn out as wonderful as planned. All that being said now it a great memory for my wife and I, we were young, no kids and we learned alot about boating.16 years of boating and 17 of marriage and still enjoying both. 👍
Wow...that sounds a lot like my first time out with the wife. It was my fault because she didn't understand boating language. I have corrected that so she now understands what we are doing, and how she can help.

Lwmedic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
drive it. I watched lots of videos but only by practice have I gotten good at it. Take full advantage of the twin throttles! What model year will it be?
A 2020 212x. It doesn't come with a wake booster though. I hope we will still be able to surf behind it.

CycoRyder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Boat Length
invest on low speed thrust vector system.. novice and veteran most agree the system will reward you with much better control..