• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to me '08 AR230

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Safety gear. Fuel. Cold Beer. Good Stereo. Wake Toys. Good Shade.

That's been my priority list anyway :D

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm digging the @JetBoatPilot SeaDek faux teak. Thoughts from those that have installed this stuff?

View attachment 79254
Worth Every penny. just got a new to us 08 AR230 this year as well. looked! exactly like yours.

Steering fins if you dont already have them
Bimini top (if you dont have one this would be the first thing i would buy)
Perfect pass if you plan to do water sports
stoltz bow roller
board racks

maintenance stuff to check
clean out plugs - mine were seized in
steering cables
reverse cables

Isaac Gregory

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What bimini top did you buy?

Worth Every penny. just got a new to us 08 AR230 this year as well. looked! exactly like yours.

Steering fins if you dont already have them
Bimini top (if you dont have one this would be the first thing i would buy)
Perfect pass if you plan to do water sports
stoltz bow roller
board racks

maintenance stuff to check
clean out plugs - mine were seized in
steering cables
reverse cables

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board, is this your first boat ?

For a list of common issues with your model boat check out the link in my signature below,
be sure to check your scupper
be careful with your #3 spark plug
don't run the boat on one engine faster than "no wake" speed,

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Number one! Number UNO! Without question.. Replace the scupper! They are plastic and they get brittle with age.... Most will snap once u try to remove them. If it cracks u have a 2 inch hole under the water line! Everything else can wait! !!

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Numero dos... Remove the side AR decal. I took mine off on our 06 AR210, made it look 5 years newer. That decal dated the boat I think.

Congrats!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm digging the @JetBoatPilot SeaDek faux teak. Thoughts from those that have installed this stuff?

View attachment 79254
Yes, it's very nice. Well worth it. Quality product.

Another improvement I really like that gives me peace of mind....

This being an inboard boat with holes under the water line, I highly recommend an additional bilge pump(s) with a float switch, and bonus points for bilge alarm buzzer and/or indicator light when the float is triggered, so you are aware early if water intrusion is ever an issue.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Personally I think the teak gets a little busy looking if you install it on the swim platform and in the cockpit. We put the teak down on the swim deck then went solid with the pin outline inside. We also had them combine as many pieces as possible too (for example the gas tank comes in 2 peices, I had him make that one) again to try to not make it look so busy.

As for the quality? This stuff is legit! You can pressure wash it, doesn’t get hot, stain or anything. It’s super expensive (dare I still say over priced for foam) but it is really nice stuff.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the solid seadek with the pin outline throughout my boat. I like it. Can't believe i forgot about the damn scupper! replace that thing immediately.

What bimini top did you buy?
Mine came with the Bimini, but having owned three previous boats that did not come with them, it is a must have. last boat i thought i would have to duke it out with the wife to spend the money on one immediately after buying the boat, but she told me I HAD to buy one. That being said i bought tower mounted biminis twice from ebay. I think the reborn brand and was very satisfied with them. simply take the cover off and stow when not in use and the frame stays up. will probably replace the bimini on mine with that type once the current one is past it.

I think this is the one I previously bought. there are a few different sizes of this style on ebay so take some measurements.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Wakeboard-Tower-Mounted-Flat-Cargo-Bimini-Top-Cover-Canvas-Frame/331161204025?hash=item4d1abef539:g:EYwAAOSwpvZaMu~k&_sacat=0&_nkw=tower+mounted+bimini&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

Here is the exact one i put on the last boat.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reborn-Wakeboard-Tower-Bimini-PRO1580-Black-5-Years-No-Fading-No-Deformation/251916507858?epid=1754420661&hash=item3aa764dad2:g:j0QAAOSwZ1lWg0AO&_sacat=0&_nkw=PRO1580&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2057872.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.A0.H0.XPRO1580.TRS5

Last edited: