• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New (to me) 2016 190 FSH Sport Owner!

SoFla190FD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
After owning a couple of older 2-stroke outboard boats, I've come around to the Jet Side! Just sold my 1998 Pro Sports 185cc and found this very nice 2016 190 FSH Sport. It was a bit rough around the edges cosmetically, but the motor only has 212 hrs on it and has been well maintained! I can't believe how well it turns!!! There is some work to come, i.e. Garmin 94SV, Sea Deck, JL Audio and some serious cleanup! I'll post more pics of the progress! Any FSH tips would be appreciated and I'm excited to join the club!

Attachments

BRosen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats! Nice boat. Can’t wait to see you get it back in to shape!

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard.

Nice to see another South Florida member on board.
LMK if you ever come South.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
:Welcome:
Does it just need a good cleaning and waxing?

SoFla190FD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes, it definitely did, but more as well. None of the switches were working, there was gash in the outer hull. Not too bad, but they absolutely ran over something. All of the latches are corroding. Everything is easily fixable, just takes time and money!!!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes, it definitely did, but more as well. None of the switches were working, there was gash in the outer hull. Not too bad, but they absolutely ran over something. All of the latches are corroding. Everything is easily fixable, just takes time and money!!!
Welcome! And congrats on your purchase!

None of the switches “were” working..does that mean you got those fixed already ?

Im assuming this boat was used in salt water.... I would suggest pulling the anode on the engine and make sure there is still anode left, and perhaps use salt away, and their clean out procedure just to make sure there is no salt build up inside the engine.

Also suggest pulling the clean out tray lid off and inspect all of the plumbing and especially hose clamps for corrosion. Some folks install tow valve(s) on the cooling water inlet line from the pump for the hopefully never need a tow situation, and more so for flushing strength into the motor.

You may also find that the boat lists a little to port unless the live well is full.

This is a pretty cool vid on cleaning up the deck...

I highly recommend getting a service manual for your boat.

There is a lot of great info here on this site,... be sure and check the FAQ section for how to’s.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@SoFla190FD I'm always amazed at how poorly people maintain brand new boats. The amount of effort it takes just to keep it clean in general seems to be too much for some people.

Congrats on scoring a nice boat, welcome to the site, and good luck with the restoration.

SoFla190FD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Welcome! And congrats on your purchase!

None of the switches “were” working..does that mean you got those fixed already ?

Im assuming this boat was used in salt water.... I would suggest pulling the anode on the engine and make sure there is still anode left, and perhaps use salt away, and their clean out procedure just to make sure there is no salt build up inside the engine.

Also suggest pulling the clean out tray lid off and inspect all of the plumbing and especially hose clamps for corrosion. Some folks install tow valve(s) on the cooling water inlet line from the pump for the hopefully never need a tow situation, and more so for flushing strength into the motor.

You may also find that the boat lists a little to port unless the live well is full.

This is a pretty cool vid on cleaning up the deck...

I highly recommend getting a service manual for your boat.

There is a lot of great info here on this site,... be sure and check the FAQ section for how to’s.
I've had the boat for about a month, and tend to not wait to get things done...LOL...Yes, the switches have been replaced and the anode is fine. I absolutely will use salt-away! I am installing a full Sea-Deck kit from JetBoatPilot this weekend. Pics to follow! Thank you for all of the great info!

SoFla190FD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@SoFla190FD I'm always amazed at how poorly people maintain brand new boats. The amount of effort it takes just to keep it clean in general seems to be too much for some people.

Congrats on scoring a nice boat, welcome to the site, and good luck with the restoration.
It really is astonishing. A Yamaha cover can be had online for less than $700 and there are dealers that are sitting on covers that have been in stock for a few years...they'll sell them for close to cost!!! A simple thing like that would have made all the difference in the world. Thank you! The repairs and upgrades are well underway