• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New (to me) boat, how does bilge pump work on 2019 255 ID?

dworopay

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
I picked up a 2019 Scarab 255 ID Wake edition with the digital dash and all options. I washed it yesterday on the boat lift and couldn't figure out how to turn on the bilge pump (granted there wasn't much water in the bilge compartment. The owners manual really isn't helpful figuring this out. Is it on/auto or off/auto? I'm also assuming there is a "test" function on the pump itself?

I had a freshwater-only 2016 Sanger V215 Surf (22' V Drive), but new to Scarab, saltwater, and jet boats in general. Any help would be great!

EDIT: Bilge pump runs then throws the breaker, will try cleaning it before tearing into wiring

Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The bilge pump is wired directly to the battery. The lever, attached to the pump, acts as a float and kicks on when it it reaches a certain height. There is a switch on the helm/dash to activate the pump manually.

dworopay

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
The bilge pump is wired directly to the battery. The lever, attached to the pump, acts as a float and kicks on when it it reaches a certain height. There is a switch on the helm/dash to activate the pump manually.
Thanks, I got it to work and then the breaker trips after a couple seconds. Not sure what to do.