• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to SW Florida and Jetboaters.net!

Thirdgen327

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just wanted to introduce myself as I am new to the site and SW Florida ! Thanks to @1948Isaac for letting me know about it over on Greenhulk.

My family and I are new to SW Florida (Cape Coral) but have been enjoying our jet boat and other boat (non jet lol) for many years . We owned an Exciter for 14 years , and have built several conversion skis (GPRXP's) . I sold the Exciter prior to moving and purchased an SX230 down here to replace it!

We look forward to meeting members of the SW Florida boating community and would enjoy getting involved with some of the trips to Bimini , etc! Really looking forward to learning the water ways down here .

Thanks again and we look forward to being a part of the group !

Will

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just wanted to introduce myself as I am new to the site and SW Florida ! Thanks to @1948Isaac for letting me know about it over on Greenhulk.

My family and I are new to SW Florida (Cape Coral) but have been enjoying our jet boat and other boat (non jet lol) for many years . We owned an Exciter for 14 years , and have built several conversion skis (GPRXP's) . I sold the Exciter prior to moving and purchased an SX230 down here to replace it!

We look forward to meeting members of the SW Florida boating community and would enjoy getting involved with some of the trips to Bimini , etc! Really looking forward to learning the water ways down here .

Will
:Welcome: I live in Cape coral also so if you have any questions on where to launch let me know. We typically boat down the Caloosahatchee River and out in the Gulf when we want to hit up a beach. When we're looking to go out to dinner we head over to pine island sound. You will need to watch the speed zones, most of the river is 25mph in the channel and slow speed out of the channel. They will not stop you if your cruising around 40 They just don't want the go fast boats doing 100. There are 2 areas that are Manatee slow speeds that you need to watch, the first one is just after the Cape Coral bridge heading towards the Gulf marker 72 to marker 76. The next one is marker 92 to marker 99 this one is referred to as "miserable mile". Once you pass 99 there is no speed limit in the channel heading towards pine island sound or towards Sanibel causeway to the Gulf. The ICW is clearly marked so navigation is a breeze. One last tip and maybe the most important, don't just follow one boat and think they know what they are doing. So many people down here do not know how to navigate the waterways and I've either seen them stuck/grounded outside the channel (our area here is very shallow, even in the Gulf) or pulled over getting a ticket because they did not slow down under a bridge or thru a manatee zone. I'm out all the time, you'll see me. 2017 white and red ar240 flying the jetboaters.net flag.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

Thirdgen327

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My apologies for the delay , I had to travel back up north to grab my other boat and it took forever. @Scottintexas We moved from North East Maryland and it's a completely different environment down here for sure but we look forward to it . Thank you for the link also.

Thank you for the informative reply @CraigAR ! I will pay very close attention.

We look forward to getting out there and exploring.

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Will
Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined