• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to the forum and new 2022 AR250 owner with pics.

BenjaminF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello Jetboaters,

My wife and I decided to pull the trigger and put a deposit on a 2022 Yamaha boat a month ago.
It's going to be our first boat and we are still unsure which model we are going to go with.
We started couple of month ago with an AR210. But after having spent countless hours on the Yamaha website, on that forum and watching you tube videos we are not sure anymore. The 212S and the AR250 are also on the list.
The question is not really if we can afford it but more do we want to put that much money in it.
Considering this is going to be our first boat, there is still a possibility that we end up selling it in a few years or maybe it's going to be the beginning of a fantastic journey.
I tend towards the AR250 and the wife more on the 212S for a nicer "touch"
Feel free to chime in and share your experiences such as bigger is better ;).
Of course tomorrow is going to probably help us make that decision with the big reveal.

Oh by the way, we are in Texas, not far from Lake Conroe.

Ben

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

BenjaminF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My first question is do you have a tow vehicle? Then where do you plan to use it?
Yes sir we have a tow vehicle. 2019 Ram 1500 4x4. Should be enough based on what I read on that forum.
Our plan is to use it mainly on lakes. For convenience around Houston most of the time but we plan on traveling with it (Colorado, Arkansas, Florida...). It's going to be stored dry in a local Storage facility.
Thanks for your quick response.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes sir we have a tow vehicle. 2019 Ram 1500 4x4. Should be enough based on what I read on that forum.
Our plan is to use it mainly on lakes. For convenience around Houston most of the time but we plan on traveling with it (Colorado, Arkansas, Florida...). It's going to be stored dry in a local Storage facility.
Thanks for your quick response.
Then it comes down to what features you want and how many people you want to fit.

BenjaminF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Then it comes down to what features you want and how many people you want to fit.
And it's where we are struggling. Having a "nicer" more equipped 21 or a more basic AR250.
We plan on being 6 to 8 on board most of the time.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would suggest the 25' footer. Also the step down head compartment is nice. 6 to 8 on board will work in the 21' footer, I do it in mine, but somedays a bit of extra room would be nice. The configuration of the back seats is also pretty good as well.

BenjaminF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would suggest the 25' footer. Also the step down head compartment is nice. 6 to 8 on board will work in the 21' footer, I do it in mine, but somedays a bit of extra room would be nice. The configuration of the back seats is also pretty good as well.
Thanks for the advise. I can see that you have an AR210 also. So it makes your advise even more valuable. ;)
Much appreciated.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't get me wrong the 21' is great and we do fine with it and they are awesome boats. When I bought it last year it was an impulse buy and I got it new for 42k OTD, so a hell of a deal. Wasn't sure if the family would like boating so figured I wasn't going in too deep. But..... As the girls keep inviting their friends and more friends and now boys, don't even get me started, some extra room would be better. Also right now I drag a porta potti with us and have to do a makeshift cover when the kids need to use the bathroom, but with boys on board that is a no go..... If I was buying now, with my experiences over the last year, I would be doing the AR250 and adding on the additions aftermarket what I feel it is missing. Plus where I boat a lot it can get rough, the 25' handle it better. I have only had to come off the Great Lakes once, but running in the big chop can get really bouncy. If we do swap out or upgrade it would be nothing less than a 25' footer and most likely the FSH if I have my way.

BenjaminF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks a bunch HangOutdoors. I didn't want to say it out loud, but I like the idea of the room for the porta potty.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks a bunch HangOutdoors. I didn't want to say it out loud, but I like the idea of the room for the porta potty.
It's a real thing man..... 7 miles off shore, women need to go to bathroom, water temperature is in the 60's. I would be burning all my fuel running back into the launch all day long.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@BenjaminF Great looking boat. Congrats on the acquisition!

FYI.....close your windshield when you're towing. Keeps it from bouncing around up there.

docb8456

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Wow, it looks fantastic, enjoy. I am hoping to snag the exact same model and color! Great pics.

lambertjeff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's awesome! I have a deposit on that same color, wish it arrived as fast as yours lol

BenjaminF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The color is really beautiful. Even more on the water. Photos don’t do justice. Thanks y’all. Wishing you got yours ASAP. It’s a beautiful machine.