• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to the Forum

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi all
I recently purchased a big project. 1975 californian with 454 and Jacuzzi WJ.
I've already gutted it down to a bare hull, and the rebuild process has begun!
Joined the forums here to read up and probably ask some questions as I work to get this boat back on the water.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Welcome to the family!

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
These are photos from the day I bought the thing. rough around the edges and needs a bunch of work.
But for what I paid for it, I prettymuch paid for the trailer and got the rest of the boat for free haha

Currently setup with a BBC of unknown build spec, and a jacuzzi WJ jet with B impeller. The jacuzzi B acts much like a berkly A.

Hoping to have this thing water ready in 6 months. The jet drive and big block are already pulled and will both be getting full overhaul with some small upgrades.
Need to build an interior, wire and plumb everything fresh, and set it up with new cables and gauges.
Going to be a big undertaking but that's half the fun.

Attachments

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For reference, I found a guy on FB with the twin to this boat, it has been in his family since brand new. 1975 californian, his is setup with a 455 olds.
original paint scheme and interior matches too.

Mine will likely not stay banana yellow :)

Attachments

Big Wil

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
New to this forum but have been surfing it for info/insight on Yamaha boats. We put $ down on an already ordered 2021 252SD in March and on July 1 our dealer forwarded Yamaha’s email stating the 21s would not be fulfilled. Was advised the manufacturers meet in AUG and until then, no word on what we should expect. On Sept 5 we got a call from the dealer that a 252SD was indeed inbound, though not our original color (Yacht Blue), rather Black Cherry. We voted as a family on the color and opted for the Black Cherry due to it being very similar to the Florida State garnet (my son just graduated from FSU). We took delivery Nov 24th. It is a beautiful boat and we are excited. We are 7 miles from the Gulf of Mexico and have been out several times enjoying and practicing. The DRIVE system is amazing and it was essential for us so my wife, daughter, and son are less nervous when docking. We have twin Waverunners and they have a lot of experience on those. So, that is how I got here. We are fortunate and blessed given the circumstances. I was not happy the price between the 21 and 22 went up but the market is what it is. Dealer threw in 20 gal of gas but that was it.