• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to wet slip, few questions and issues.

Magyar86

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hey guys, I just recently got a wet slip at local marina. They have a special for 19 foot boats and decided to get one. I have a 2019 AR195.

I have had the boat in water since Thursday so today makes 4 days, slip is in Kemah Texas. I took it out on Saturday but had a lot of people/weight in boat so top speed was very slow as expected, about 36 mph. dropped everyone off at marina and just me and another adult went back out but boat still Would only go 38 mph. I figured it was just heat soaked and put boat up. Took it out today with only two adults again and it got a best of 41-42 mph. It usually will go 46-50 depending on weight. Now water temp is 86-87 degrees right now and ambient is hot as well. I pla on pulling boat out to inspect everything just to make sure. I did hear that a dirty hull from wet slipping will drastically slow boat down but can it happen after only 4 days? I plan to clean and wax it while
It’s out to try and keep it from getting build up.

I have been turning the pump on to check for water and nothing ever comes out. Dumb question but can water be somewhere that the pump can’t remove? Never thought about it before since ive never left boat in water.

I plan on getting new intercooler, map tuner x, intake, ribbon delete, and new impeller and look into pump mods. Goal is to get to 60mph one day.

thanks for you time and any help.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Depending on the body of water 4 days shouldn’t cause that speed loss. Wind plays a factor in speed also. We’re you driving into a light breeze or going with it??? Also Your bilge pump should ALWAYS be on while the boat is in the water, especially while in a wet slip. Keep us informed on what you find.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When your boat is floating on the water, the deepest part of the hull is below the ski locker. If there is water in your boat that the bilge pump will not get, look in the ski locker drain, it will be there. 3-ways to get it out...1. A shop vac with a small tube taped to the hose to put in the drain and vacuum it out. 2. Put the boat on the trailer, jack up the bow as high as you can, use a block of wood under the jack. 3. Take the boat out, you need to change the angle of the hull, to do this power up until the bow rises to it s highest point just before you get on plane. Hold it there. The water will run aft to the pump. You should be able to see water being pumped out the thru hull fitting.

Magyar86

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Update: got her all cleaned and waxed. I noticed the impeller wasn’t looking the best so I ordered a solas concord 13/18, lucky 13 cone and a riva map tuner x. Just tested it today. It’s HOTTT here right now, 95 degrees with 90 degree water temp. There are a lot of boats out so it’s not very smooth but she ran 50mph at about 7800 rpm. That’s good for me with this extreme heat and stock intercooler. I might take some spacers out of cone to try and get closer to 8000 rpm. It I nail it from a dead stop she still has cavitation so I don’t really want to take spacers out but will just to see how it effects top speed. Will update later.