• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to Yamaha jets. Possible first purchase

Outcast

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Hey there everybody. Thanks for the add. Great site!
I'm fairly close to purchasing a 2017 190 fsh. The layout of the boat works for me. Plan to use it for a west coast Salmon trip we do yearly, watersports and light fishing around home. My only worry is the possible power issue. Does the boat have issues planing with 5 or 6 people in it, or is it just slow on the top end? Normal use would be 2-4 people but there will be times in the summer when we will have more on board taking kids tubing and boarding.
Thanks for any feedback in advance.
Cheers

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Different boat, same length and engine. You should have no issue getting on plane at all. I've had six adults on board, normal top speed with two of us is 42 to 44 mph (44 is ideal conditions). With six on board we were right around 38 to 40 mph. Hope it helps

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I had a 2017 Ar190 only saw 40 a few times. With six adults and full tank it would still get up to plan fast but 35 maybe. No modes 100% stock. It was a great boat easy to store, reliable and mantaince was a breeze.

Outcast

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
That's what I'm thinking. The boat easily fits in my garage and I can use it for a lot of different activities. I'm not overly concerned if I can only do 35 mph loaded with 6 people but I don't want it to be a barge getting on plane.