• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New used boat, bimini, table, cushion, depth finder questions.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm picking up a 2004 ar230 next weekend. It's missing the table, bimini top, and rear center seat cushion. Does anybody have some recommendations on where I should purchase these? Not really concerned about the brand as long as it's decent quality.

The depth finder gauge is all yellow and not working. Is there a easy swap aftermarket gauge that will fit in that hole?

There is a port to the right of each jet with black plastic that looks like something would come out of it, but there is nothing there. Kind of like if you cut a star pattern and it's roughly 3" in diameter. What is that for?

Are there any parts that I should replace proactively?

Is there a system that I can add to hold wakeboard speed electronically like the tow boats?

Any tips for wake surfing behind these?

I've always loved these boats and I'm stoked to finally get one!

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
First off, Congrats and Welcome to the Forum! Make sure to post a pic or two of your boat. And make sure to add your location in your profile.

To answer a few of your questions:
-You can find replacement parts online. One is www.yamahasportsplaza.com. You could also check with www.jetboatpilot.com for other items.

-Regarding the depth finder, I've seen what looks like the same one at West Marine for $99. I believe Hawk Eye or something is the name. At least that goes for my 2007.

-The black port next to your jets is the water exhaust. Hot water will come out while you are on the water, or running on the hose.

-Where are you located? Fresh or Salt Water. If salt, you need to look under your swim platform in the transom area and check all of your hose clamps. I had a few that rusted through and fell off. I've replaced all of them with new Stainless Steele Hose Clamps and sprayed them down with T-9.

-I wakeboard behind mine, but have added nothing special. Some add ballast bags and such.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome aboard!

I'm picking up a 2004 ar230 next weekend. It's missing the table, bimini top, and rear center seat cushion. Does anybody have some recommendations on where I should purchase these? Not really concerned about the brand as long as it's decent quality.
Overtons.com is a great place to start for those accessories, not always the best price but you can probably find what you are lookin for. The seat cushion might be a tough one to find, I would look at eBay for that.

The depth finder gauge is all yellow and not working. Is there a easy swap aftermarket gauge that will fit in that hole?
The depth finder is standard in size, Overtons.com has a decent selection. Unless you replace with the same manufacture you will probably have to also replace the transducer.

There is a port to the right of each jet with black plastic that looks like something would come out of it, but there is nothing there. Kind of like if you cut a star pattern and it's roughly 3" in diameter. What is that for?
That is the exhaust port for each engine.

Are there any parts that I should replace proactively?
Unless you know exactly when it was done last, I would put new plugs in and change the oil & oil filter.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board,

for speed control you can look at "perfect pass" by stargazer,
for proactive mx check you scupper valve, make sure your cleanout plugs work well, and be careful removing the #3 spark plug it has seized in place on some MR1 motors,

Check out our FAQ at the top of the page for lots of great info and step by step instructions to get your boat in shape

jason annand

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hi, I had to replace my depth finder as well. Hawkeye(i believe) was the manufacture that Yamaha used on mine and when i contacted them and told them my isse they were very helpful. I had to prove a field destruction(put a huge scratch through the face and send a picture of it to them) and they sent out a new unit for like $50 plus shipping. No need to change the transducer either. Works perfect now.
Great guys to deal with!

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. Right now I just need to find out why the compression is low. I got the heads off, but I just bought a river house and have been getting ready for the first trip this weekend, sans boat :( at least I got a 6 seat side by side to play in the desert.

Attachments