• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Volvos

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone here bought one of the XC SUV Volvos? I'm looking at the XC60 or XC90. My sister works for Volvo and I can get a lease car that renews every year, 28,000 mile limit, and the insurance is covered in the lease. It's kind of an amazing deal, but I know nothing about Volvo. I think wife and I are going to go look at a few in the coming weeks.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have no idea about them, but just chiming in to say they look sweet! I wanted to look at the XC90 when we were car shopping for my wife but it was more than we wanted to spend. It was in 2017 and the XC60 was the older version so didn't want to go that route. Didn't have time to wait on the new model so ended up with an Acura RDX instead.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone here bought one of the XC SUV Volvos? I'm looking at the XC60 or XC90. My sister works for Volvo and I can get a lease car that renews every year, 28,000 mile limit, and the insurance is covered in the lease. It's kind of an amazing deal, but I know nothing about Volvo. I think wife and I are going to go look at a few in the coming weeks.
Super safe cars and the xc90 is great. They have changed very little over the years since ford owned it. A Chinese company now owns volvo. The design just has not changed a lot since I owned my 2014. I was thinking of buying one for my 15 year old as her first car (s60) you can get a serious great price.

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bought a 2016 XC90 earlier this year, I couldn't be happier with it. I also drove the newer XC60, totally would have gone for that one if I didn't need the space and tow capacity of the larger XC90. Let me know if you have any specific questions, here are some of my thoughts after owning it and driving quite a few:

- There are 3 engine options: T5 (250hp), T6 (~320hp), T8 (~400hp hybrid). The T5 felt underpowered to me in the XC90, not as much in the lighter XC60. I own the T8 hybrid which is awesome, T6 would have been my 2nd choice.
- In addition to the engine, there are 3 trim levels: Momentum (base), R-design ("Racing") and Inscription (Luxury). IMO the base level is already pretty nice, and a lot of the extras in the higher trims were too much money for purely luxury or cosmetic items.
- Both XC90 and XC60 have a balanced driving feel. Not super sporty, but also don't feel like you're driving a huge cushy thing around. Obviously the XC60 feels more agile since it's smaller.
- Seats are exceptionally comfortable, I would say better than comparable Audi and BMW SUVs.
- Most controls are on a large screen rather than knobs and buttons, so that's up to personal preference. MY only gripe with the car is that the system takes a good 30 seconds to fully boot up before you can do most things like adjust AC, etc. I've heard they've improved this in the latest model years.

Speaking of model years, check with your sister on country of manufacture. The first year of the new model XC90 was built in Sweden then moved to China, not sure about the XC60.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you are getting a amazing deal then you should get it.
If they were as well build as old Volvo’s ( early 1990 and prior) I would have defiantly be driving one today. But they are not the same as they used. Still above average vehicles

One think to keep in mind is that Volvo will no longer be developing the current engine. Once it’s cycles has run that is it. Not sure what is coming after that , I guess all electric for Volvo ... who knows

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good info @IvanRZB . I was a little concerned when I read the review in Consumer Reports. A few of the Cons were; rough ride and the user interface of the controls was difficult they said. The list I'm looking at I can get a XC60 Inscription with the T6 AWD, Napa luxury seat package, advanced package, Bowers and Wilkins premium sound, 4-corner air suspension for $610/month and this include insurance. The lease allows for 28,000 miles per year.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We really liked the XC90, but it gets pretty spendy by the time you option it out so we took it off the list. If you can get a great deal on one, I wouldn't pass it up.