• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New walkthrough video of the 2019 sx190

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

This boat is growing on me, but I don’t think the black bottom would do so well on a river.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I love the interior changes.. checked off all the things that bug me about my interior.. although that port side rear hatch opening is almost non existent.. still the radio with the driver. Starboard side helm access ( with garbage can) and the redesigned port side helm opening is a nice change.. I agree on the black bottom in the river as I quickly learned on mine... 2 words... Keel Gaurd...

Last edited:

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I completely agree on the keel guard. It is a must have on a river. Losing the port side storage does kind of suck. I can literally lay down in mine, but my wife refuses to put the coolers away, so the extra space in the cockpit would be welcomed. The specs say it has more storage space the current model. I love the new seats, and the disc breaks, but still even with a keel guard I think the black bottom is a deal breaker. I beach mine quite often to make it easier for the older crowd to get in and out, and with the black I think you would notice every single scratch.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
That port side opening will make it quite hard to do the tower mod to lower the tower lower. Wonder if it's still possible.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That port side opening will make it quite hard to do the tower mod to lower the tower lower. Wonder if it's still possible.
Hadn't even considered that. Good catch.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Good catch .. both sides will be more difficult

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome thanks for posting, I missed where the table is stored that comes with it. My dealer has one on order for me .. it is 2-3 weeks out is what he said yesterday. Black hull will scratch as much or as little as any color for sure. I’m not going to look at it lol

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

This boat is growing on me, but I don’t think the black bottom would do so well on a river.
Very impressive how far along this boat is compared to my 2012 SX190!
Wish he'd spent some time showing the new pumps...

--

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome thanks for posting, I missed where the table is stored that comes with it. My dealer has one on order for me .. it is 2-3 weeks out is what he said yesterday. Black hull will scratch as much or as little as any color for sure. I’m not going to look at it lol
The white bottom doesn’t show scratches like the black does, and I wish I could say I won’t look at it, but I see everything that is wrong with my boat every time I’m in it. That’s the trade off for buying used. I’d love to buy a brand new, but I couldn’t do it with a black bottom. Plus I get a lot of compliments on my boat. So if I were going to trade up, it would probably be for something that matches mine pretty close exterior wise. Like a ‘16 in black. Or I’ll just hang on to mine till next year when they will probably go back to the white bottoms to match the 21’s that came out this year.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very impressive how far along this boat is compared to my 2012 SX190!
Wish he'd spent some time showing the new pumps...

--
I’d like to see a video of the new boats going in reverse.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I really like the trash can!!! may do something like that to mine.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Nice impovment. However not all the seats have hinges and the port storage compartment door looks smaller than in the past. Also with the hinge seat on the port side I’m not sure how I would get half my house in the boat and out as the opening appears smaller. With little kids and going to the sand bars we have an enormous amount of sand toys, chairs, ect... that we take with. If we just went to the lake I think I could make it work.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice impovment. However not all the seats have hinges and the port storage compartment door looks smaller than in the past. Also with the hinge seat on the port side I’m not sure how I would get half my house in the boat and out as the opening appears smaller. With little kids and going to the sand bars we have an enormous amount of sand toys, chairs, ect... that we take with. If we just went to the lake I think I could make it work.
I think having that extra space under the dash should help, and I don’t know if you stow your coolers, but leaving them behind the driver seat should help. But, I do see what your saying. With the hinge on the cushion it seems it will be harder to get things in that compartment, and than if you add a second battery it will make that space even tighter. I was thinking it might be a good idea to move the batteries to the starboard side of the boat, which would give you more room on that port side , and make it easier to run an amp and accessories. Obviously watching a video isn’t going to give you any great idea on how much storage space the boat actually offers.

Sandbar29910

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Just got word - my SX190 is ordered - Christmas coming early this year!!

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just got word - my SX190 is ordered - Christmas coming early this year!!
When is it suppose to come in? Don’t forget to post a lot of pics.